Construction between Contemporary and TTC

Soluna16

Original Poster
I hadn't seen a thread about this but noticed this on a visit to Magic Kingdom yesterday.

A ton of silt fencing and orange construction fencing has been put up in the area between the Contemporary and the TTC, to the west of the monorail. There's also at least 2 (maybe 3) cleared paths that construction vehicles have been using driving into and out of the woods there.

Are they doing geotechnical work? I'm a Geologist and it looks like the kind of set up (with geotextile) that we would use to do that.

Photos

Last edited by a moderator:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hadn't seen a thread about this but noticed this on a visit to Magic Kingdom yesterday.

A ton of silt fencing and orange construction fencing has been put up in the area between the Contemporary and the TTC, to the west of the monorail. There's also at least 2 (maybe 3) cleared paths that construction vehicles have been using driving into and out of the woods there.

Are they doing geotechnical work? I'm a Geologist and it looks like the kind of set up (with geotextile) that we would use to do that.

Haven't seen any South Florida Water Management District permits for that area which they would probably need if it was anything major.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Is it in this area...

1625328721298.png

lazyboy97o

That’s been a possible hotel site forever, but every time they test it the supports sink into the ground. Maybe they are trying again?

castlecake2.0

Discussion Questions:

would this be stand alone or somehow grouped with wilderness lodge?

is this too much clutter on 7 seas?

DVC or not?

would they just abandon the reflections construction and move to this?

pdude81

Discussion Questions:

would this be stand alone or somehow grouped with wilderness lodge?

is this too much clutter on 7 seas?

DVC or not?

would they just abandon the reflections construction and move to this?
It's across world drive, so there's no way it could be grouped with Wilderness.

castlecake2.0

Stand alone.

I can only say it was mentioned as possibly being revisited for suitability a few years ago.
Interesting. It would be a shame if they just leave the reflections clear cut area and move on to this. Also scared of what this resort would look like. Hopefully a little more interesting design than Riviera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom