runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@DznyGrlSD, reading lots of complaints about the resort charter buses for the 5K. Was there are problem with drivers getting lost?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
It was so great to finally meet you in person!! I apologize for my super awkward hello, especially since I know you guys were dealing with all of the chaos that is bib check. 🙂 I hope everything went smoothly for you this weekend!

It really did! I was over by the busses Thursday night and was unware of any issues - we also got everyone out of there before the storm hit around 1am.

Bib check was uneventful Sunday. I know everyone hates being funneled into those 2 small openings but it REALLY helps us see EVERY bib coming through!

Figment82

It really did! I was over by the busses Thursday night and was unware of any issues - we also got everyone out of there before the storm hit around 1am.

Bib check was uneventful Sunday. I know everyone hates being funneled into those 2 small openings but it REALLY helps us see EVERY bib coming through!

That’s so great, especially about Thursday. I know how incredibly difficult it must be for the race officials to make weather-related decisions, but they did an amazing job ensuring everyone was safe. We got caught up in the traffic jam coming into DAK and made it to the starting area 20 minutes before the race started, but it seemed like everything worked itself out in the end. Night races always come with their own unique challenges.

It’s awesome that they switch up your position at every event - seems like a fun way to mix it up and see the different aspects of the race weekends. Do you have a favorite so far?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
That’s so great, especially about Thursday. I know how incredibly difficult it must be for the race officials to make weather-related decisions, but they did an amazing job ensuring everyone was safe. We got caught up in the traffic jam coming into DAK and made it to the starting area 20 minutes before the race started, but it seemed like everything worked itself out in the end. Night races always come with their own unique challenges.

It’s awesome that they switch up your position at every event - seems like a fun way to mix it up and see the different aspects of the race weekends. Do you have a favorite so far?
My absolute favorite job is anything that ends me up in the finish chute. I love being in the finish area as runners of ALL shapes, sizes & abilities finish their races.

Edit: the only spot I don't really care for is backdrops. I don't like touching all ya'll sweaty nasty phones after you get done running. I LOVE seeing you pose for photos but your phones are all just...ew ;) I say that with the utmost love and respect for ya'll.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My absolute favorite job is anything that ends me up in the finish chute. I love being in the finish area as runners of ALL shapes, sizes & abilities finish their races.

Edit: the only spot I don't really care for is backdrops. I don't like touching all ya'll sweaty nasty phones after you get done running. I LOVE seeing you pose for photos but your phones are all just...ew ;) I say that with the utmost love and respect for ya'll.

My phone is never sweaty...it stays in my running belt or hydration vest for the race. 😁

Figment82

As someone who is a bit of a germaphobe, I totally understand the phone thing! 😂

But I love that about the finish line! There are times during the races, usually towards the end when everyone tends to be a little quieter/focused, when I’ll look and around and just be amazed at how there are so many people who decided to take this personal challenge on and go for it. I bet seeing those continuous waves of accomplishment coming over the final stretch is amazing!

draybook

The Mrs. did better than she thought she would. She placed 3363 overall, not bad for almost no training and no sleep. I was up from 6 am Saturday until 10 am Sunday to make sure she didn't oversleep since we closed the MK Saturday night. Did you guys see the dude running while dressed as Captain Jack? He even flailed his arms while running, just like Jack. That was awesome. I'm going to start training for some mid-level runs so we can complete them as a couple.

Figment82

The Mrs. did better than she thought she would. She placed 3363 overall, not bad for almost no training and no sleep. I was up from 6 am Saturday until 10 am Sunday to make sure she didn't oversleep since we closed the MK Saturday night. Did you guys see the dude running while dressed as Captain Jack? He even flailed his arms while running, just like Jack. That was awesome. I'm going to start training for some mid-level runs so we can complete them as a couple.

I believe this is the runner you are referring to? https://www.instagram.com/joggingjacksparrow/

I’ve never seen him on the course, but just from the photos and videos, it’s so amazing that he can stay in character and run in costume the whole time!

Rteetz

I believe this is the runner you are referring to? https://www.instagram.com/joggingjacksparrow/

I’ve never seen him on the course, but just from the photos and videos, it’s so amazing that he can stay in character and run in costume the whole time!
I have seen him tons of times especially this past weekend. It really is amazing he can stay in character the whole time.

OG Runner

I have seen him tons of times especially this past weekend. It really is amazing he can stay in character the whole time.

Having run in a good amount of Disney races it is impressive to me that he doesn't overheat.
I ran the Marathon in January and kept seeing a gentleman dressed up like someone from
Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. He had long hear, a long red jacket, (very decorative),
and long pants. I saw him around mile 22 or 23 when the temps were getting near 80. I really don't
know how they do it.

draybook

Yeah, that's him! I wish I had a video of his wave leaving the starting line. The way he was running and flailing his rams just like Depp was amazing.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
It was a great weekend, and will have a detailed trip report sometime soon.
As promised, I am beginning to write up the trip report for the 2022 Springtime Surprise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom