News New lobby layouts coming to Disney's Old Key West and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m not seeing much difference between the pictured CBR check in area and the existing OKW check in? What am I missing?

Sadly, I’m rather fond of the OKW check in area and den, so I’m not looking forward to it changing. It just fits the resort so well.
Old layouts were a continual row of counters spanning an entire wall.

CBR is small counters and tables acting as stations.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Thanks! I looked closer and saw the individual counters. Don’t understand the tables in there, maybe they are used when it’s busier? And do CM’s use an iPad or similar portable device to check guests in there? Never stay at CBR anymore, being a DVC member.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I looked closer and saw the individual counters. Don’t understand the tables in there, maybe they are used when it’s busier? And do CM’s use an iPad or similar portable device to check guests in there? Never stay at CBR anymore, being a DVC member.
Yep that's the plan with the ables. The idea is the CM can take the guests to their own table and work with them on whatever needs doing.

bpiper

Any idea who pays for this? Is it member dues or DVC itself?

I am not liking the idea of paying for this when I see no need for it. The water slide was one thing, the other deluxe's had one, but this doesn't need a gut and remodel.

Also, is the Den leaving? I like sitting there and relaxing.

KenFromOC

I can only judge by the photos, but to me the new lobby layout is much more welcoming and personal than the ages-old one long counter which to me was more like going to a bank. And overall this is the trend with countless other hotels in general. The theming can still be there, just the layout and guests flow and interaction change. I like it!

aladdin2007

Most everything seems to be under the same design team lately... Simple and cheap looking... with all the specialness removed... In the Case of the Contemporary it is modern cheap Ikea with a Rooms To Go Kids overlay...
Hoping things change soon...

they should just call them Disney's Generic Resort, part 1, part 2, and so on...they are just turning everything into mundane sterile bland cheap atmospheres and doing their best to remove any type of Disney touch or feel. I am cringing the day when Wilderness Lodge becomes Toy Story Lodge. just give them time.

SpectroMagician

CBR's "counters" are just a line of check-in desks spanning an L shape.... is the only difference those tables in the middle that just get in the way?

TrainsOfDisney

That photo (of carribean beach) looks like a random Hilton or Marriott property - totally bland and no theme.

Here’s the old carribean beach check in- (Photo not mine - I just grabbed it from a google search).

43312533-0B77-409A-9EBA-66F5C229038D.jpeg

castlecake2.0

CBR's "counters" are just a line of check-in desks spanning an L shape.... is the only difference those tables in the middle that just get in the way?
Instead of one long desk these are groups of smaller desks to make it easier for cast to come around to the guests side and assist them. The tables as mentioned above are also there to help larger groups check in and make it more personal between the cast and the guest. It’s to get rid of that bank feeling and look.

castlecake2.0

That photo (of carribean beach) looks like a random Hilton or Marriott property - totally bland and no theme.

Here’s the old carribean beach check in- (Photo not mine - I just grabbed it from a google search).

View attachment 567004
91790728-4EF0-4460-9138-7614EE80D059.jpeg

I feel it was a pretty nice update. If they could do similar to OKW and Saratoga I’d be happy. They are both looking more like a tired Marriott than this lobby.

castlecake2.0

Any idea who pays for this? Is it member dues or DVC itself?

I am not liking the idea of paying for this when I see no need for it. The water slide was one thing, the other deluxe's had one, but this doesn't need a gut and remodel.

Also, is the Den leaving? I like sitting there and relaxing.
Not sure who pays for it, but the lobby is very tired. It doesn’t need gutted, but a refresh for sure. Same with Vero, they’re both just looking very “well loved” and need a refresh. Also for the love of god please get the cast members new costumes in the shops and olivias while we’re at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom