Military discount tickets

Homer fan

Does anyone know who I should speak to regarding military discount questions? I tried to find answers online, but I can't seem to find the answer to my specific question. Would Disney know the answer or would it be a military base that sells them?

TIA!

Homer fan

Original Poster
The ticket office at the Battle Creek MWR is amazing in terms of this. We use them instead of SOG. They actually answer the phone and if you are ordering tickets they arrive the next day.

269.961.5084, email: Steven.Gales@dla.mil Office Hours: 0900-1530 Monday - Friday
So I called these guys, wow, such a nice woman picked up and walked me through all the scenarios. She then sent me tix I can buy through them, without any military affiliation. I was looking at the 6 day pass and it was only $452, compared to Disney which is $521+tax. Is this legit? Why wouldn't everyone do this? Why isn't it advertised more?

Upvote 0

Cadbury

Why wouldn't everyone do this?
Because only those eligible can use MWR. Eligible Patrons include active duty Service Members, Department of Defense Civilian Employees, Retirees, and members of the National Guard or Reserve (18 years or older). Family Members of the above groups, 18 years or older with a military/Government ID card are also eligible.
Why isn't it advertised more?
Because there's no need to advertise to those who aren't eligible to use MWR.

Upvote 0

Homer fan

Original Poster
Because only those eligible can use MWR. Eligible Patrons include active duty Service Members, Department of Defense Civilian Employees, Retirees, and members of the National Guard or Reserve (18 years or older). Family Members of the above groups, 18 years or older with a military/Government ID card are also eligible.

Because there's no need to advertise to those who aren't eligible to use MWR.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure she said you didn't need a military affiliation to get these tickets, but maybe I misunderstood.

Upvote 0

Homer fan

Original Poster
Wait.....why would you be asking about military discounts if you don't have an affiliation with the military whatsoever?
My father in law served in the military and is 100% disabled, so he qualifies for the Salute to Military tickets. But he wouldn't want to go to the parks, so we can't get those, because he'd have to be there. That's when she mentioned the regular discounted tickets and I thought she said anyone can buy them.

Upvote 0

Homer fan

Original Poster
Wait.....why would you be asking about military discounts if you don't have an affiliation with the military whatsoever?
I just confirmed this morning, anyone can purchase their regularly discounted tickets, regardless of military service. Looks to be about 13% off before tax and I don't think their tickets add tax, but I'll let you know if/when I purchase them.

Upvote 0

Cadbury

I just confirmed this morning, anyone can purchase their regularly discounted tickets, regardless of military service. Looks to be about 13% off before tax and I don't think their tickets add tax, but I'll let you know if/when I purchase them.
Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure. I never did use MWR even when I was in the Navy. lol

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, thanks for the info! Sounds like I'll save over $500 in total for my tickets!
So are you authorized to stay at Shades of Green? If yes, then you can purchase the MYW tickets there. If no, then you cannot. The tickets cannot just be purchased by anyone that wants them. Oh, and you will need to provide proof to them that you are eligible. From the website:

Magic Your Way Tickets

Who Qualifies to Purchase?
All guests who are eligible to stay at Shades of Green resort are able to purchase these tickets.

Upvote 0

Homer fan

Original Poster
So are you authorized to stay at Shades of Green? If yes, then you can purchase the MYW tickets there. If no, then you cannot. The tickets cannot just be purchased by anyone that wants them. Oh, and you will need to provide proof to them that you are eligible. From the website:

Magic Your Way Tickets

Who Qualifies to Purchase?
All guests who are eligible to stay at Shades of Green resort are able to purchase these tickets.
This is what they emailed me:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-150252_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-150252_Gmail.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom