Rumor Meet and Greets

M:SpilotISTC12

In an effort to cut costs by 50%, driven by the penny pinching ways of Chapek, Disney will no longer offer meet and greets. Instead, guests will be offered a choice of either a meet OR a greet, but under no circumstances both.
Hey, hey, hey! Save that for the 50th! Got to 'Wow' them! Only under the 50th's budget will they ever allow such a costly measure.

Tom P.

Unless something significantly different than the current trajectory happens with Covid, I cannot imagine Disney waiting until almost a year into the 50th to bring back meet and greets. My guess would be Fall.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In an effort to cut costs by 50%, driven by the penny pinching ways of Chapek, Disney will no longer offer meet and greets. Instead, guests will be offered a choice of either a meet OR a greet, but under no circumstances both.
So you just stand there next to a character and there's no interaction, nothing said between the two of you?

Great! It'll be like Thanksgiving with my family!!

drew81

There is a specific desire to have M&Gs for the 50th. That doesn’t need to mean every M&G that was present in early 2020, of course. You can guess the priority characters.
I hope they can staff it.
The entertainment cast still on furlough or displaced in other lines of business working attractions, merchandise, lifeguarding, etc for the past 7 months. They’re all here waiting...for now. But after being kept in the dark the last 7 months and no signs of anything to come a lot are starting to drop.
Sad. Very sad.

MagicHappens1971

I think by the 50th we’ll see the return of some M&Gs but I don’t think full blown pre-Covid. There will be a priority to get guests in front of the characters in their new EARidescient outfits. Just my opinion

MarvelCharacterNerd

Okay, I know DLR and WDW can be different things entirely, but at WDW can you not stand right near (say 2-3 feet away from) a character and talk to them and get a selfie?

No, we can't hug or get autographs yet, but we can stand close enough to have a conversation without yelling from afar with a lot of characters right now. Though yes, others are still up on balconies or stages. But the current situation at DLR (or at least at DCA which is where I've spent my time since reopening) is such that you can get fun moments and conversations with the characters.

Though I still miss the hugs!

asianway

I think by the 50th we’ll see the return of some M&Gs but I don’t think full blown pre-Covid. There will be a priority to get guests in front of the characters in their new EARidescient outfits. Just my opinion
You’ll never see the bloat that was before covid, things got entirely off the rails. This is one case where a reset was sorely needed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom