News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m well aware. If you look through my post history you can see that I have personally asked him for inside information in the past. Doesn’t change the fact that I find it extremely unlikely that the current plan is to dump Enchanted and to bring back Happily Ever After in 2023. I simply said reasonable people would interpret Disney’s current messaging as such. He disagrees. That’s fine, I know on this forum insiders are treated as God himself and that by ever challenging them you are asking for everyone to gang up on you. No sleep lost on my end.
Thank you for educating us on what a rumor is, especially from a company that constantly changes its plans, even after announcing them.

We just didn't know until you explained it to us.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to grind down my graven image of @MansionButler84 and sprinkle it in my water to drink.

ToTBellHop

Thank you for educating us on what a rumor is, especially from a company that constantly changes its plans, even after announcing them.

We just didn't know until you explained it to us.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to grind down my graven image of @MansionButler84 and sprinkle it in my water to drink.
I’m told I make a strong mint julep.

mikejs78

Premium Member
No one treats me like God…lol

And I don’t believe I’ve ever called myself an “insider”. I don’t work in the company. And I never said they are absolutely bringing HEA back. Just that it is an option being left open.

I share what I hear. You are free to throw my thoughts in the dumpster with SpectroMagic.
Your mistake is that you don't tout your own accuracy rating. Are you 84.5% accurate? Higher? Lower? How are we to know?

aladdin2007

Your mistake is that you don't tout your own accuracy rating. Are you 84.5% accurate? Higher? Lower? How are we to know?
He has been here long enough that he is trustworthy (to me anyway) in what he shares and never known him to be off the mark, anymore things change with the snap of the finger because this company can't make a firm decision on things like they use to. Im glad he shares what he does even if it does change or doesn't end up happening.

mikejs78

Premium Member
He has been here long enough that he is trustworthy (to me anyway) in what he shares and never known him to be off the mark, anymore things change with the snap of the finger because this company can't make a firm decision on things like they use to. Im glad he shares what he does even if it does change or doesn't end up happening.
Completely agree - (was joking)...

TTA94

It’s probably declined recently. I’ll ask my fan club manager to compute it.

Disney vacillates a lot on its decisions lately. Trying to get a handle on the firework return date in July was maddening.

Why did you have to be wrong on the ptn rumor lol. You still got a chance for that though next year, maybe lol 😉. Yeah the fireworks return date was crazy for sure!

wtyy21

There definitely seems to be less shells in the finale than what is found in the more widely-known approach to a finale.

It appears that from a pyro perspective that they are purposefully limiting the amount of shells, specifically color shells, that are used in the finale and seem to be attempting more of an elegant / enchanting approach to the finale. While many are familiar to seeing a finale consisting of hundreds of shells within a 30-60 second duration, more of a tour de force type finale. Finales don’t have to take that “typical” approach with force and can be executed in the manner seen in the footage that is more of an elegant ending - especially in a show that incorporates other show elements and a very specific audio-track.

Without knowing what the rest of the show provides (audio, lighting, projections, etc.) during the finale, I‘ll reserve my judgement until I’ve seen the show from the area it was intended and designed to be seen from with all show elements taken into consideration.
I believe the pyro in finale is significantly less than other magic kingdom's firework shows, even Disneyland's Halloween Screams, which have siginificantly increase their finale pyro shells in 2019 version.

wtyy21

Disney Enchantment will using Main street projection for the first time in Magic Kingdom's history. For someone who watching Disneyland fireworks shows since DL Forever, they intended to make a new technology of projection in Main Street USA due to fact that the Sleeping Beauty Castle (77 ft) is smaller than Cinderella's. But, as time changes, many Disney parks now using Main Street projection or similar for example Hong Kong Disneyland with Halloween and We Love Mickey and TDL with World Bazzar projections.

I would be exciting to see how main street projections work with Cinderella Castle, considering the Castle in WDW is very larger than DL, which the projection can be seen in-person easily than Sleeping Beauty Castle have.

jrhwdw

I’m not disagreeing with the fact there is less pyro in the finale of the first test run of DE. We haven’t seen the projections, the full lighting package for this show, nor have we heard the full audio track. What I am saying is that it could be very fitting for the show to end in the manner that it is ending based upon the intent and pace of the show’s designed ending. Every show that includes fireworks doesn’t necessarily have to end with hundreds of shells being shot into the air for the last 15, 30, or 60 seconds to evoke the intended closure and emotion of the show that it’s designed to establish.
I'm 95% sure we're not getting Believe In Holiday Magic's Theme Song but, when it started in 2000, the Finale wasn't as Bang as it was in 2019. DL went for a Quiet/Elegant ending for a couple years when it started.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Given the “weak” finale for DE, that finale will be cut back and reduced eventually. HEA’s finale was already cut back even before the closure, and look at it now; the barebones is all that’s left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom