News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

Forgive me if I'm not understating but, MK's only Idea for the 100th was Wishes?????? I get the Wishes Theme for the 100th but still.... Or was MK going to return to either Wishes or HEA after DE??? LOVE Wishes!!!! But IDK why would MK skip over HEA to return Wishes.......

And.......Steve was Right!!! 2021 Enchantment tonight! Darn for everyone at Testing that there's tonight! LOL!!!!!
No, they had no idea for the 100th at MK. Enchantment was supposed to last for several years.

Fido Chuckwagon

I would take HEA back over a nighttime parade or even Fantasmic. I’m a little surprised they are even bringing Fantasmic back with the people cost to run that show. Thought they might use this as an opportunity to turn that into a world of color water projection and fire only show lagoon
Still time to drain the lagoon and build a new DVC tower instead. With it’s own dedicated entrance to HS they could charge $300 a point!

Sir_Cliff

They have to get a show back in that amphitheater. What that may be is up to them. I like fantasmic don’t get me wrong I want it back, but if it’s not that then give us something. I just thought they might use the Covid shutdown excuse to rip out fantasmic and put in world of color there which is less cost to operate
I think I'm less impressed by World of Color than most, but I *really* don't think that sort of a show would work in a setting like the Fantasmic amphitheatre. It's one thing to put on a light and fountain show in a big body of water in a public location, it's another to have people wait around, then usher them into a big venue to sit down around a fairly small lagoon and watch fountains for 30 minutes.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think I'm less impressed by World of Color than most, but I *really* don't think that sort of a show would work in a setting like the Fantasmic amphitheatre. It's one thing to put on a light and fountain show in a big body of water in a public location, it's another to have people wait around, then usher them into a big venue to sit down around a fairly small lagoon and watch fountains for 30 minutes.
That’s a good point. That theater deserves something more than WoC

Sir_Cliff

Bingo. And then some

The old celebrate the magic projection show had more nostalgia
This is the thing, I'm kind of curious why they would think that a dose of WDW nostalgia would preclude a fireworks show from running for an extended period anyway? This is one of the ways WDW and Disneyland are very different: Disneyland really capitalises on their history and uses it to build emotional connections whereas WDW management seems completely indifferent to the resort's history.

It's very strange when you consider that Disney+ and their publishing arm put out shows and books that celebrate the history of WDW alongside that of Disneyland, but the people who run WDW itself don't seem to think it's a wining marketing strategy.

brb1006

This is the thing, I'm kind of curious why they would think that a dose of WDW nostalgia would preclude a fireworks show from running for an extended period anyway? This is one of the ways WDW and Disneyland are very different: Disneyland really capitalises on their history and uses it to build emotional connections whereas WDW management seems completely indifferent to the resort's history.

It's very strange when you consider that Disney+ and their publishing arm put out shows and books that celebrate the history of WDW alongside that of Disneyland, but the people who run WDW itself don't seem to think it's a wining marketing strategy.
The last time WDW actually celebrated the parks history was for their 25th Anniversary Celebrstion between 1996-1997 and their 15th Anniversary in

gerarar

Premium Member
DE had a private showing last night (DoD Warrior Games event).

I compared it side by side to a regular showing the night before. Only watched from Moana reprise to finale, and there were no changes really. I think only like one additional shell in the private showing last night. It didn't have any of the newer shells, like the 2nd heart firework, that was present during the Walt testing.

jrhwdw

DE had a private showing last night (DoD Warrior Games event).

I compared it side by side to a regular showing the night before. Only watched from Moana reprise to finale, and there were no changes really. I think only like one additional shell in the private showing last night. It didn't have any of the newer shells, like the 2nd heart firework, that was present during the Walt testing.

I was afraid last night would have DE! Fortunately, the description said the new Intro was not used so it wasn't only for that, Thank Goodness!

Disney Glimpses

I'm kind of curious why they would think that a dose of WDW nostalgia would preclude a fireworks show from running for an extended period anyway?
Only because said nostalgia would be tied to/associated with a celebration that has since expired. There are other ways they could've done it though but I for one am glad it went down as it did. Let this be a lesson that spectaculars are in fact important and heavily scrutinized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom