News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

and heads should roll for that decision. they did everything they could to make sure the 50th was essentially canned except decor.
they are now licking wounds.
It's honestly crazy, they took a huge bet and lost. And I have a bit of a rant here:

The lack of nostalgia is an issue but the bigger issue is that they didn't see how inferior HEA was to their prior shows or shows at other parks that they own.

This is what concerns me the most. Any veteran at Disney should know upon first viewing that it wasn't cut out to be a permanent fixture at the most visited theme park in the world.

Now, I think we all have enough information to piece together that this show will retire next spring. Obviously the most likely candidate to replace it is HEA. Regardless, whatever replaces it will be short lived. I hope they distinctly remember this moment so that when they develop the next show, it receives an adequate budget, timeline and attention to detail.

From the conversations I have had with people in the know, HEA was truly a dead and buried project. So the fact that they are not only putting so much time and energy tweaking a running show but also reviving a project permanently put into the archives (still speculation) is a huge tell into just how poor this show was received. Again, as I am told, the rough cut is that 80-90% of repeat visitors prefer earlier shows (Wishes, HEA) over DE. That is catastrophic.

jrhwdw

At least we know now that this is for Public!!! And not some 1 off Enchantment because MK closes at 7 Tomorrow...

That was my biggest concern, that this was a wild goose chase!!!!

TarzanRocked99-

The lack of nostalgia is an issue but the bigger issue is that they didn't see how inferior HEA was to their prior shows or shows at other parks that they own.

From the conversations I have had with people in the know, HEA was truly a dead and buried project.
You lost me on this part. HEA was universally praised upon arrival pretty much and considered an upgrade from Wishes?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You lost me on this part. HEA was universally praised upon arrival pretty much and considered an upgrade from Wishes?
This is when WDW thought DE was going to be better because it had more hipper and more popular IP and had Main Street projections.

Not realizing the new show:
  • had less of a narrative, especially emotionally
  • had poorer animation (more Flash-like, especially on Main Street)
Disney thought they could do better on their own than what the 3rd party company did that shepherded HEA. They thought the songs and images were just plug-and-play and it'd be just as good.

jrhwdw

I'm pretty sure that was just a typo and he meant to say DE there, not HEA.
Well it was all over the internet that HEA was completely done when WDW turned 50. Whether that's still the case is the big question......would be nice if we found out something at D23!

Wonder where we would be now if we had the Original Enchantment Steve broke yesterday..

jrhwdw

It's honestly crazy, they took a huge bet and lost. And I have a bit of a rant here:

This is what concerns me the most. Any veteran at Disney should know upon first viewing that it wasn't cut out to be a permanent fixture at the most visited theme park in the world.

Now, I think we all have enough information to piece together that this show will retire next spring. Obviously the most likely candidate to replace it is HEA. Regardless, whatever replaces it will be short lived. I hope they distinctly remember this moment so that when they develop the next show, it receives an adequate budget, timeline and attention to detail.

From the conversations I have had with people in the know, HEA was truly a dead and buried project. So the fact that they are not only putting so much time and energy tweaking a running show but also reviving a project permanently put into the archives (still speculation) is a huge tell into just how poor this show was received. Again, as I am told, the rough cut is that 80-90% of repeat visitors prefer earlier shows (Wishes, HEA) over DE. That is catastrophic.
Is there any talk of skipping HEA and making a 100th Show?? Or did DL win that and MK doesn't have time to make a Proper 100th Show???? If HEA has the same Magic and Guest Reaction, how eager will MK be to make a new show???? I do appreciate Monday's Test but I think the Bigger problems at TDO are F!'s Date and no Nighttime Parade at MK!!! That should be MK'S next Project, whether or not we need to go back to HEA.....

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Is there any talk of skipping HEA and making a 100th Show?? Or did DL win that and MK doesn't have time to make a Proper 100th Show???? If HEA has the same Magic and Guest Reaction, how eager will MK be to make a new show???? I do appreciate Monday's Test but I think the Bigger problems at TDO are F!'s Date and no Nighttime Parade at MK!!! That should be MK'S next Project, whether or not we need to go back to HEA.....
I would take HEA back over a nighttime parade or even Fantasmic. I’m a little surprised they are even bringing Fantasmic back with the people cost to run that show. Thought they might use this as an opportunity to turn that into a world of color water projection and fire only show lagoon

jrhwdw

I would take HEA back over a nighttime parade or even Fantasmic. I’m a little surprised they are even bringing Fantasmic back with the people cost to run that show. Thought they might use this as an opportunity to turn that into a world of color water projection and fire only show lagoon
Don't you think DHS is lacking??? If F! was publicly canned with no replacement that would calm the response, no one would baluk at DE/Harm! All the anger would be twoards DHS!!!!

I for one would think that F! canned would be a huge loss for DHS/WDW!!!!!

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Don't you think DHS is lacking??? If F! was publicly canned with no replacement that would calm the response, no one would baluk at DE/Harm! All the anger would be twoards DHS!!!!

I for one would think that F! canned would be a huge loss for DHS/WDW!!!!!
They have to get a show back in that amphitheater. What that may be is up to them. I like fantasmic don’t get me wrong I want it back, but if it’s not that then give us something. I just thought they might use the Covid shutdown excuse to rip out fantasmic and put in world of color there which is less cost to operate

SoFloMagic

Record profits despite no Fantasmic or swagass at studios, no rivers of light or awakenings at AK, no once upon a time at MK, and the only two fireworks shows at the resort being piles of hot garbage.

The guests these days come for the Instagram shots, not the nighttime spectaculars.

Sadly.

jrhwdw

I am told "no way." That's why we're all so hung up on HEA (and because going to Wishes would mean a huge step back in tech which they won't do).
Forgive me if I'm not understating but, MK's only Idea for the 100th was Wishes?????? I get the Wishes Theme for the 100th but still.... Or was MK going to return to either Wishes or HEA after DE??? LOVE Wishes!!!! But IDK why would MK skip over HEA to return Wishes.......

And.......Steve was Right!!! 2021 Enchantment tonight! Darn for everyone at Testing that there's tonight! LOL!!!!!

wtyy21

Forgive me if I'm not understating but, MK's only Idea for the 100th was Wishes?????? Or was MK going to return to either Wishes or HEA after DE??? LOVE Wishes!!!! But IDK why would MK skip over HEA to return Wishes.......

And.......Steve was Right!!! 2021 Enchantment tonight! Darn for everyone at Testing that there's tonight! LOL!!!!!
Mickey Views tell that the modified version will debuted soon, despite not tonight. They maybe need a more pyro testing.

jrhwdw

Mickey Views tell that the modified version will debuted soon, despite not tonight. They maybe need a more pyro testing.
Yup later this month. Saw that yesterday but didn't post the Tweet because I never know who we like on here and not! LOL!

At least Steve gave us Info Today!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom