News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Splashin' Ryan

So....HEA music and Wishes music were playing late last night at the MK...
Some lighting was also happening at the castle..

It seems silly but just hearing those sound clips being played again really puts it into perspective. It really is all about the emotion of the shows and the feeling that last from them.
I can guarantee if you had seen either of the shows in-person hearing those soundtracks immediately brought back a certain memory to you.
It's exactly what a slideshow of IP such as enchantment cannot capture, a true story that has meaning and value and makes you think of something bigger than the show itself, whether it be love, family, believing in yourself, etc...

There's been so much focus in the last decade or so on correlating more show elements with an intrinsically better show. Of course, it may help the show, but just because you have more spotlights or more projections doesn't mean the show itself will be better. It's the theme, the soundtrack, and the feeling you get more than anything else.

I think even those that have become complacent with enchantment will realize what they have been missing if and when these shows ever return.

denyuntilcaught

I think that's pretty likely or Enchantment keep going.

I really don't expect the Execs to go backwards and restore HEA, but here's hoping.
I mean, I feel like at least DLR goes back and forth quite often, with their 60th show coming back into rotation, and also frequently going back to even their 50th show.

wtyy21

I mean, I feel like at least DLR goes back and forth quite often, with their 60th show coming back into rotation, and also frequently going back to even their 50th show.
50th fireworks show (RDCT) was so outdated given the inclusion of now-controveesial Zip-e-Doo-dah and the current DLR management wants to avoid the return of the show. At least that i hope is return of Disneyland Forever with new narration (removing over the sixty years ago and replacing with since 1955).

Vinnie Mac

Soooo… tonight at MK they had some fireworks go off at around 1:15am, shortly thereafter I heard Enchantment’s soundtrack playing.. what is going on LOL
Take a listen; you can see the smoke clearing from the fireworks that launched (I didn’t get outside in time to record them)

This genuinely might be the most shocking development I've seen so far this year. If Disney's seriously updating Enchantment, that means bad news for HEA returning but that's a great sign because it could show that Disney cares about what we think to some degree.

celluloid

This genuinely might be the most shocking development I've seen so far this year. If Disney's seriously updating Enchantment, that means bad news for HEA returning but that's a great sign because it could show that Disney cares about what we think to some degree.

Prepping software for an Enchanted Halloween/An Enchanted Christmas versions of the shows for hard ticket party nights(?)

Vinnie Mac

Yeah they debuted in 2019 and 2018. Although the Halloween one could use a tweak or two.
Idk man, that Halloween show hit all the marks for me. Story was great, projections looked beautiful, lighting was on point, the pyro package was impressive and amazing, finale was amazing, and the soundtrack slaps.

InnoventionMedia

2E7E1564-7F6F-4E9F-946C-DD7EC102863E.jpeg

Magic Kingdom closes at 4:30pm on Tuesday, so whatever is going on; we’ll find out by then most likely

DCBaker

Premium Member
View attachment 615289
Magic Kingdom closes at 4:30pm on Tuesday, so whatever is going on; we’ll find out by then most likely

"Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will be closing at 4:30pm on January 25 2022 to accommodate a private event for Cast Members.

The event is for a Cast Member service celebration that was originally planned for 2020 and postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic."

celluloid

Idk man, that Halloween show hit all the marks for me. Story was great, projections looked beautiful, lighting was on point, the pyro package was impressive and amazing, finale was amazing, and the soundtrack slaps.
Sounds cool but I'm very satisfied with our current lineup holiday shows.

No argument there. I think the Halloween show in particular is the best night time show and use of projection mapping since Magic Memories and You.

Puppet Jack Skellington is the best looking Jack Skellington the parks ever had. It translates well.

Touchdown

My tweaks for Halloween:
-Change the ghostly ball music to the ballroom GGG music from Once Upon a Dream
-Find some way for a person, puppet, or robot to play zero and fly down the Tink wire when the gang escape the house

wtyy21

Expecting Halloween show to using Enchantment technology when not so spooky returns, while Jack Skellington puppet has been kept, some perimeter fireworks are likely to cut.

Lasers/spotlights/new projection for Enchantment will likely also be installed for this year 4th of july fireworks, and that new projection (unlikely, but still possible) will be used for Disneyland as well. 360 perimeter fireworks will be cut to levels similar to NYE.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom