News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
The show was really fun in the longer version, especially the Jungle Book one. They just needed to figure out how to do something with the puppets for the FP area. What ended up happening is that the FP area had a worse view than the regular one did IIRC.
The show was never meant to be viewed from the Asia side. Originally that entire side was meant to be closed-off. But DAK execs wanted it open for whatever reason. If you’re coming in to fully see KiteTails, you should be sitting on the Dinoland side.

pdude81

The show was never meant to be viewed from the Asia side. Originally that entire side was meant to be closed-off. But DAK execs wanted it open for whatever reason. If you’re coming in to fully see KiteTails, you should be sitting on the Dinoland side.
That makes sense. I watched solo in Jan from dino and loved it. April sat with family on Asia side and it was ok. At the point of those turns you don't see the kites that well

DisneyDreamer08

One of the main reasons is they didn’t want guests sitting in an uncovered amphitheater during the hot as you know what summer afternoons
I never thought of that. But maybe because it was literally 34 degrees the day I was in AK 🤣

152CB544-0D2D-460A-BAE5-6C224C4F1CCC.jpeg

cranbiz

Yes, it does get that cold in the land of oranges and the mouse.

I went to work at DTD one late fall afternoon. It was 72 degrees. I left DTD at 0330 to 34 degrees. That was the longest, coldest 55 mile motorcycle ride in my life. I was somewhat lucky that I had my purple sweatshirt in one of my rear bags or I probably would have gotten frostbite.

CntrlFlPete

Are they really saving that much? Animal Kingdom (without a night show) currently closes at 8 p.m. Hollywood Studios and Epcot (both with night shows) close at 9 p.m. Can 1 hour really save that much?

I do not think this looks at it quite right in that AK tends to open an hour earlier than Epcot or HS so isn't it really a wash?

mm52200

New version of Disney KiteTails takes flight at Disney's Animal Kingdom​

In addition to this the flotillas now happen in rapid fire succession, about three in a row pass through the amphitheater, Kitetails happens while they go through the rest of the park, and then the three flotillas return.
Lather rinse repeat except they switch out the characters for the next run.

raymusiccity

Well maybe Feld can but Ringling is long gone.
Au Contrair: "Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey is reviving its circus, unveiling a plan to bring back a modernized "Greatest Show on Earth" — one without its iconic elephants and other animals. Instead, its producers are scouring the world for people with rare talents and skills who can captivate today's audiences.

The new circus will hit the road for a U.S. tour of live shows in September of 2023, according to Feld Entertainment, which produces the circus. The new show's goal, Feld said, is to "celebrate amazing talent from around the world, displaying incredible feats that push the limits of human potential and create jaw-dropping moments."

Auditions for the new circus are already under way, in countries including Ethiopia, France, Mongolia, Argentina and the U.S., the company added." 🤗

SteveAZee

Au Contrair: "Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey is reviving its circus, unveiling a plan to bring back a modernized "Greatest Show on Earth" — one without its iconic elephants and other animals. Instead, its producers are scouring the world for people with rare talents and skills who can captivate today's audiences.

The new circus will hit the road for a U.S. tour of live shows in September of 2023, according to Feld Entertainment, which produces the circus. The new show's goal, Feld said, is to "celebrate amazing talent from around the world, displaying incredible feats that push the limits of human potential and create jaw-dropping moments."

Auditions for the new circus are already under way, in countries including Ethiopia, France, Mongolia, Argentina and the U.S., the company added." 🤗
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Cirque?

JoeCamel

Feld presided over the death of the American circus and like Bell and Howell the name may be there but it's not the same company rather a brand being trotted out to make a buck unless you consider Disney on ice to be a first class production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom