News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

trainplane3

Ah, found a public image that should help show the state of RoL:

rawr.JPG

DisneyDodo

The latest “solution” to guests thinking the kites landing is an accident is a brief sound effect playing as the kites land, which is interesting in theory.

Reports say that the sound effects are thematically inconsistent, and usually a few seconds off time with the kite’s actually landing.
Previously, guests simply suspected something had gone wrong. Now, Disney pretty much confirms that that’s the case.

Sir_Cliff

Couldn't they just add a short clip from the narrator saying something about the kite/s coming in for a landing the first time they're about to crash one into the stands?

Once people get used to the kites crashing into the stands the shock factor fades and everyone seems quite amused by the whole spectacle, so I think they only really need some kind of cue for the audience the first time that this is what's supposed to happen.

JoeCamel

Couldn't they just add a short clip from the narrator saying something about the kite/s coming in for a landing the first time they're about to crash one into the stands?

Once people get used to the kites crashing into the stands the shock factor fades and everyone seems quite amused by the whole spectacle, so I think they only really need some kind of cue for the audience the first time that this is what's supposed to happen.
Replace these kites with high performance and have dueling battles. The crowd would eat it up. No IP so Bob won't be happy but.....

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I saw the show yesterday and liked it. It was only the Lion King kites and it was short, but I thought it was cute. After each segment the kites 'crash' into the empty seating area, but that is supposed to happen. The person on the back of the jet ski unclips the lines and then there are cast members on the shore to fold the kites up. There were no mishaps during the performance that we saw. The cast members on the jet skis were very enthusiastic by cheering and waving.

danv3

The latest “solution” to guests thinking the kites landing is an accident is a brief sound effect playing as the kites land, which is interesting in theory.

Reports say that the sound effects are thematically inconsistent, and usually a few seconds off time with the kite’s actually landing.
There were definitely sounds last week when the kites “landed.”

Honestly, Disney should be ecstatic about the buzz the crashes are generating. Outside of the crashes, this show is extremely boring. I mean, it’s two jet skis driving in circles with kites attached for 15 minutes. That’s it. I know it’s not intended to be a major production, but man…

Club Cooloholic

First Rivers of Light's technical issues, then The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic being awkward and very short-lived, and now KiteTails frequently having kites of Disney Character falling and getting stuck? Is the Discovery River Lagoon cursed or something?
I want to see this show sounds messy, chaotic....fun.

Dear Prudence

For the love of God, stop basing your opinion off of footage and see it in person. It’s still going because it’s a fun, well-received little addition by most of those going to see it in person. If you see it LIVE and still don’t like it that’s fine. It’s your prerogative. But don’t just base opinion off of random Facebook videos and tiktoks..
You don't know if I had seen it in person or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom