News Salt and Straw ice cream is coming to Disney Springs

oogie boogie man

I mean they have some points of view in Oregon... but no connection to Hocus Pocus :p

Wellll.....Bill Walton played for the Portland Trailblazers, UCLA, LA Clippers and the Boston Celtics (located near Salem, Mass). Close enough.

Bill+Walton_f0d65cbf-b67f-46a6-8193-0273d5cdf098-prv.jpg

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

The Cold Stone and FroYo places we go to fairly frequently are $6-$8 per person. I don't see these prices as anything out of the ordinary.

S&S's flavors sound delicious.
I'm currently at Ocean City NJ went to an ice cream parlor last night got a double cookies and cream, 6.75 and the waffle cone was an extra $1.50. $8.25.

wutisgood

The Cold Stone and FroYo places we go to fairly frequently are $6-$8 per person. I don't see these prices as anything out of the ordinary.

S&S's flavors sound delicious.
Coldstone around me used to be a bigger deal but eventually people got tired of the prices and just went back to dairy queen. Sometimes people just want to satisfy the sweet tooth without breaking the bank.

ImperfectPixie

Coldstone around me used to be a bigger deal but eventually people got tired of the prices and just went back to dairy queen. Sometimes people just want to satisfy the sweet tooth without breaking the bank.
You should see the place near us...

It's as if they're DETERMINED to put every customer into a sugar coma. Candy rims, full-size candy bars, cotton candy, syrups, add-ins...some of the shakes are bigger than a child's head.

shake.jpg

ETA: Hubby is dying to try it. I can't see spending $50 for a family of 4 to have ice cream. (Yup...those shakes are EXPENSIVE.)

Last edited:

aliceismad

Dairy Queen is great too. Frankly I'd rather just buy a tub of ice cream from the grocery store. But if Cold Stones around the country can charge that much, I don't see S&S prices being an issue in a popular warm-weather tourist destination.

wutisgood

Dairy Queen is great too. Frankly I'd rather just buy a tub of ice cream from the grocery store. But if Cold Stones around the country can charge that much, I don't see S&S prices being an issue in a popular warm-weather tourist destination.
Yea ice cream for the store brand was under $3 for the standard large sizes honestly it seems cheaper than ever even accounting for inflation. At the same time individual ice cream places seem more expensive than ever.

JusticeDisney

Salt and Straw is the top of the top notch in my opinion. I personally think they are much better than Ample Hills and I liked Ample Hills enough to visit one of the NYC locations on a trip to see some Broadway shows.
That’s so good to hear! Now you’ve got me pumped to check it out on our trip next summer! Thanks!

the.dreamfinder

Had Salt and Straw last week when I was in DtD. Had a seasonal flavor, Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese, and a standard flavor, their deconstructed take on cookie dough. Both were very good. I like Ample Hills enough that I ship it to my house on special occasions, but S&S will be an excellent replacement. Hope they do well enough with the DS location that they can take over the old Ample Hills at the BW.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Salt & Straw, a Portland, Oregon-based boutique ice parlor, is now looking at a spring opening for its first Central Florida location at Disney Springs.

“We are THRILLED to say we plan to open in March — exact timeline still pending construction — but that is our current plan,” Alison Hiatt, Chief Market Officer for Salt & Straw, said in an email."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom