Park Open Procedures

havoc315

Not to go off topic or anything but this drives me nuts. "guests can arrive at the park via Disney transportation at around 7:15am, and guests parking at the TTC arrive at the tap-styles around 7:30am." What is that all about?? So because I rent a car I am deemed unworthy to get to the turnstiles at the same time as those riding the busses?
So your complaint is that people renting cars should be able to get to turnstiles before those relying on Disney transportation?

It’s the people who rely on Disney transportation that should be deemed unworthy?

Logistics of park entry are huge. There is no way to insure every guest from every location by every mode of location can arrive at the turnstiles at the exact same time. If buses arrive at DHS before Skyliner, does it make Skyliner guests unworthy? since walkers from Contemporary can get to MK faster than anyone else, does it make non-walkers unworthy?

G00fyDad

So your complaint is that people renting cars should be able to get to turnstiles before those relying on Disney transportation?
No. My complaint is that we do not all get the same opportunity to get to the turnstiles at the same time. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek complaint anyway.
It’s the people who rely on Disney transportation that should be deemed unworthy?
Again, you misunderstood my "complaint".
Logistics of park entry are huge. There is no way to insure every guest from every location by every mode of location can arrive at the turnstiles at the exact same time. If buses arrive at DHS before Skyliner, does it make Skyliner guests unworthy? since walkers from Contemporary can get to MK faster than anyone else, does it make non-walkers unworthy?
Why hold up the cars at the parking lot entrance for an extra 15 minutes?

Btw, relax.

havoc315

No. My complaint is that we do not all get the same opportunity to get to the turnstiles at the same time. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek complaint anyway.

Again, you misunderstood my "complaint".

Why hold up the cars at the parking lot entrance for an extra 15 minutes?

Btw, relax.

I don’t believe they are held up by 15 minutes. The 15 minutes is the time to get from TTC to the turnstiles. Disney buses bypass the TTC.

G00fyDad

I don’t believe they are held up by 15 minutes. The 15 minutes is the time to get from TTC to the turnstiles. Disney buses bypass the TTC.
I guess I can see that. I just remember in the past sitting in a line at the parking lot gate and them holding everybody up for a really long time and then when they finally let us all in and we got parked we got on the first ferry to Magic Kingdom and by the time we got there the entire front was full of people who had gotten there by bus. LOL At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. We're all going into the same park and riding the same stuff. It was just a mild irritation but I guess it is what it is. 😁

CntrlFlPete

Am I missing something. If they open “early” there will be lines in the park, but if they hold until time, the people don’t disappear, they just wait at the rope instead. So waiting behind the same people, just in different places.

I believe holding for a rope drop is getting back to normal -- them letting folks in the park and opening up early without corralling folks was to keep with social distancing for at the turnstiles and waiting in holding areas would never maintain ANY distance.

If I remember correctly, if you take bonnet creek (past Port Orleans) to Vista Blvd, it brings you out just inside the TTC auto plaza. Is there anything preventing an Uber driver to go that way and drop passengers somewhere between the Contemporary Resort and the bus stops? I would think no?? To me this seems like the quickest way to MK from any resort that requires bus transportation to MK.

I would imagine the UBER driver knows where they are allowed to drop off -- Many UBER drivers I have talked to (not in Central FL) tell me they have to follow the route that UBER's APP presents to them.

Dad 2 M & M

Actual rope drop at DAK today. Tickets scanned at 7:20 with Pandora rope drop 7:30.
Killa modilla

If you happen to glance over while in DinoLand.....is Dino-Bites open? And are they offering any specialty Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich? The last specialty I recall was the peppermint dipped version....

Anywho, have a blast

giantgolfer

What time do the buses start to go to AK? We are staying at WL and going to AK tomorrow morning. Was planning on taking the bus but also want to hit FOP as soon as possible. Do buses start earlier than 7am?

pdude81

What time do the buses start to go to AK? We are staying at WL and going to AK tomorrow morning. Was planning on taking the bus but also want to hit FOP as soon as possible. Do buses start earlier than 7am?
I didn't have great luck with buses at WL this past week, but in the morning it's usually a bit better. If you want the best chance of getting there early, be at the bus stop 90 mins before opening. Our bus didn't come until 7 but we didn't get there until 6:45 and I think one might have already left. It wasn't too crazy though and we were there tapping in by 7:20. Bus is almost always your quickest option currently.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Killa modilla

If you happen to glance over while in DinoLand.....is Dino-Bites open? And are they offering any specialty Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich? The last specialty I recall was the peppermint dipped version....

Anywho, have a blast
Yes and yes. Some sort of shockingly pink cookie.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
We boarded at 6:55. First bus of the day. Arrived early enough to board FOP with a 12-minute wait. I was very pleased. We were off before 8 am.

lightguy

I guess I can see that. I just remember in the past sitting in a line at the parking lot gate and them holding everybody up for a really long time and then when they finally let us all in and we got parked we got on the first ferry to Magic Kingdom and by the time we got there the entire front was full of people who had gotten there by bus. LOL At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. We're all going into the same park and riding the same stuff. It was just a mild irritation but I guess it is what it is. 😁
Don't forget, everyone at Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower just walks over (5 min.) whenever they want and now people at Grand Floridian can as well. That can conceivably be a lot of people arriving on foot.

threvester

Don't forget, everyone at Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower just walks over (5 min.) whenever they want and now people at Grand Floridian can as well. That can conceivably be a lot of people arriving on foot.
they are held at their own security station and are released the same time as the rest...problem is their security is much farther away than the ones everyone else uses

lightguy

they are held at their own security station and are released the same time as the rest...problem is their security is much farther away than the ones everyone else uses
For Contemporary and BLT????? The security check point is on the path right by where the buses enter the bus drop-off area. About 1,000' from the gates. I've NEVER been held at that point. My assumption is if the resort busses are arriving and dropping guests off then that checkpoint is open. Technically it is a good bit further away than the security checkpoint at the bus bays, but do they really hold people getting off the resort busses there??? That area isn't very big- especially once the ferries start getting there and unloading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom