Return to normality tracker

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Given how limited parking is at the front of Fort Wilderness, I’m sure when Hoop Dee Doo opens they’ll want that blue flag boat operating to funnel guests over there.

The big question will be whether they start running the resort buses after the shows again to get guests back to their hotels. In the past they had about 5 buses parked at the bus stop outside of Pioneer Hall when the show let out. You would tell the transportation cast member where you were staying and they would direct you to one of the buses. Each bus went to about 4-5 resorts.

I could absolutely see them not bringing that back and directing all resort guests to either take a Minnie Van ($$$!!) or if they want a “free” option directing them to Disney Springs and then transferring to a resort bus there.

Touchdown

Given how limited parking is at the front of Fort Wilderness, I’m sure when Hoop Dee Doo opens they’ll want that blue flag boat operating to funnel guests over there.

The big question will be whether they start running the resort buses after the shows again to get guests back to their hotels. In the past they had about 5 buses parked at the bus stop outside of Pioneer Hall when the show let out. You would tell the transportation cast member where you were staying and they would direct you to one of the buses. Each bus went to about 4-5 resorts.

I could absolutely see them not bringing that back and directing all resort guests to either take a Minnie Van ($$$!!) or if they want a “free” option directing them to Disney Springs and then transferring to a resort bus there.
I never have to worry about that as I always do the first show and then boat on back to MK for fireworks.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I never have to worry about that as I always do the first show and then boat on back to MK for fireworks.
I generally don’t either, since I live 20 minutes away. I take my own “magical motor coach” (aka my car) to my “home resort” (aka my house). 😂😂

However I know these buses were a service a lot of resort guests appreciated, particularly after the 8:30 show.

mikejs78

Premium Member

I generally don’t either, since I live 20 minutes away. I take my own “magical motor coach” (aka my car) to my “home resort” (aka my house). 😂😂

However I know these buses were a service a lot of resort guests appreciated, particularly after the 8:30 show.

I would be extremely surprised if Disney did not return the buses.

Club Cooloholic

Except for the problem that they cost money.
True, which is why I said it's short sighted. They know people are coming in droves so why provide something extra? But as Disney parks become more like Universal parks(and in some ways inferior Wizarding world has tons of actors walking it's streets) people will feel less and less a connection and allegiance to them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry, not connecting the dots... Why?
California cares about its social services - even flawed as they are - and Florida doesn’t

When you throw someone into unemployment in Florida…which they did by choice…you are putting them on an 8-10 weeks timetable for benefits and they are rather pathetic anyway.

Disney gambled laying off their full time staff…and that’s dangerous when you have no loyalty in the first place.

Anteater

California cares about its social services - even flawed as they are - and Florida doesn’t

When you throw someone into unemployment in Florida…which they did by choice…you are putting them on an 8-10 weeks timetable for benefits and they are rather pathetic anyway.

Disney gambled laying off their full time staff…and that’s dangerous when you have no loyalty in the first place.
gotcha. that helps. There should be more corp responsibility in employment. Maybe requiring larger payments into a system that dis-incentivizes layoffs while funding a proper backstop when it does happen.

But, yeah. You're telling workers to bug off so easily that they're opting to work at McDonalds than run your PP or SmW ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom