Return to normality tracker

mattpeto

I wish they'd open more character dining!
When I was there just last week, I stopped at Trattoria al Forno and asked the host when they expected characters to return.

He said "I was told in August".

Not sure what to make of that, but the timing does add up. The return of the Cultural representative program (returning in the summer) is going to help operations shift and strengthen labor.

mattpeto

Have the afternoon buses from the Parks to Disney Springs returned yet?

No and that penalty exists in my Index FWIW...

These are some penalties:

No Buses from Disney parks to Disney Springs starting at 4 pm
No Blue Flag launch from WL, Contemporary and FW.

I'd imagine Blue Flag launch returning in a month (when Hoop-Dee-Doo reopens) or so but we'll see.

dreday3

For 2023 packages and tickets that go on sale week after next, are there any other changes besides you can't pre-purchase Genie +? (besides price increase obviously)

No dining plan or other perks announced, right?

edited - had wrong week listed!

Last edited:

mattpeto

For 2023 packages and tickets that go on sale next week, are there any other changes besides you can't pre-purchase Genie +? (besides price increase obviously)

No dining plan or other perks announced, right?

I don't anticipate anything launching with the 2023 packages next week, but I'd imagine some bolt-on experiences may come later: Dining Plan, Minnie Van airport transfer, etc.

You raise a good point though, maybe we get something with the 2023 packages.

dreday3

I don't anticipate anything launching with the 2023 packages next week, but I'd imagine some bolt-on experiences may come later: Dining Plan, Minnie Van airport transfer, etc.

You raise a good point though, maybe we get something with the 2023 packages.

I'm figuring like you and if something announced to do with Genie perk for resort or something else will come later and anyone who already purchased a package for next year before anything is announced would be grandfathered in.

We have room only and were going to purchase tickets separately, but I think will convert to package so tickets can be fully refundable if needed.

Touchdown

Kind of stunned there haven't been ANY rumors of Pandora entertainment returning with the 27th coming up...
I spoke with a captain on the SSL awhile back and while they hope it’s true (that’s their favorite route, low stress, guests not stressed, and no navigating the busy SSL) apparently the managers at the Contemporary are balking at bringing it back as they have to front a third of the cost, which would hurt their balance sheet. Remember that resort is just about to finish its total interior refurbishment so I’m guessing short term that being a huge problem.

Take it for what it’s worth, as I realize it’s essentially a rumor from a bus driver, but it’s what I have.

ToTBellHop

I spoke with a captain on the SSL awhile back and while they hope it’s true (that’s their favorite route, low stress, guests not stressed, and no navigating the busy SSL) apparently the managers at the Contemporary are balking at bringing it back as they have to front a third of the cost, which would hurt their balance sheet. Remember that resort is just about to finish its total interior refurbishment so I’m guessing short term that being a huge problem.

Take it for what it’s worth, as I realize it’s essentially a rumor from a bus driver, but it’s what I have.
Deluxe resort, ladies and gentlemen. The poors sleeping in tents can fund their share but not the bourgeoisie in $800/night tower rooms?

Touchdown

Deluxe resort, ladies and gentlemen. The poors sleeping in tents can fund their share but not the bourgeoisie in $800/night tower rooms?
For the fort I’m sure the benefit of bringing people in for Hoop outweighs the cost, how many people from the Ft are hopping to eat at the CA Grill, Steakhouse 71 or Chef Mickeys? Especially since that line typically only runs afternoons and evenings.

ToTBellHop

For the fort I’m sure the benefit of bringing people in for Hoop outweighs the cost, how many people from the Ft are hopping to eat at the CA Grill, Steakhouse 71 or Chef Mickeys? Especially since that line typically only runs afternoons and evenings.
I thought that line started at 7 or 7:30 am? I’ve ridden it from WL to CR for Chef Mickey’s breakfast and encountered others doing the opposite for Whispering Canyon breakfast.

Touchdown

I thought that line started at 7 or 7:30 am? I’ve ridden it from WL to CR for Chef Mickey’s breakfast and encountered others doing the opposite for Whispering Canyon breakfast.
I seem to remember it running from 12-10 but it’s been a few years. Back in the day, when I stayed at WL a lot I never remember seeing it run when I was rope dropping MK.

ToTBellHop

I seem to remember it running from 12-10 but it’s been a few years. Back in the day, when I stayed at WL a lot I never remember seeing it run when I was rope dropping MK.
Blue Flag: Operates the Bay Lake route between Disney's Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Typical operation is from 6:45 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. They run clockwise until 3:00 p.m. and then reverse direction for the rest of the day.

It’s specifically set up to move guests toward WL and Contemp for breakfast and toward Fort for dinner (HDD).

mattpeto

Blue Flag: Operates the Bay Lake route between Disney's Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Typical operation is from 6:45 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. They run clockwise until 3:00 p.m. and then reverse direction for the rest of the day.

It’s specifically set up to move guests toward WL and Contemp for breakfast and toward Fort for dinner (HDD).
+Trail's End

EPCOT-O.G.

I love this concept and your execution of it. I wonder, though, given the prerogatives of management and the seeming ability to do more with less, how much we will have to recalibrate our understanding from a "return to normality" to "the new normal" - meaning, some of these things may never return?

mattpeto

I love this concept and your execution of it. I wonder, though, given the prerogatives of management and the seeming ability to do more with less, how much we will have to recalibrate our understanding from a "return to normality" to "the new normal" - meaning, some of these things may never return?

I don't disagree, but here's the thing...

Since the beginning, we've heard people in this very forum say the following:
  • Fireworks cost too much money and won't be back
  • Parades won't ever come back
  • People will never hug characters again.
There will certainty be some casualties. I think it's okay to assume that everything will be back unless Disney tells you it's gone like Rivers of Light. And I'm pretty confident that Disney will have a replacement for Rivers of Light eventually. (The somewhat relative failure of KiteTails should hopefully accelerate that honestly).

The entertainment offerings are always cheaper than building attractions and they allow the parks to add capacity. Capacity = Revenue.
Looking at something smaller scale like a Blue Launch/Disney Springs bus after 4 pm - it doesn't seem like there would be significant costs to get them up and running again. If it was truly a cost thing, why did they bring the boats back at Port Orleans/SS/OKW? Why even open up the EPCOT monorail?

The Blue Launch is a revenue generator for the resorts restaurants. Getting people to Hoop De Doo/Trail's End will be more painful without the Blue Launch.

In terms of Disney Springs bus transportation from the parks specifically, it doesn't make a ton of sense for it not to return either. I would think Disney would want you to leave the parks and go spend money over staying at the park (which allows for more capacity because many want to see the nighttime shows, which leads to more money)

But we will see...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom