Need help with dining!

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
My mother and I have a 4 day 4 park trip planned in September. We have already decided that we will try for The Boat house and Grand Floridian Cafe. Mom loves the fancier restaurant type meals. She will try anything! Any suggestions for us to try?

thomas998

My mother and I have a 4 day 4 park trip planned in September. We have already decided that we will try for The Boat house and Grand Floridian Cafe. Mom loves the fancier restaurant type meals. She will try anything! Any suggestions for us to try?
Not sure why you put Grand Floridian Cafe on your list if your mom like fancier restaurants. The Cafe isn't what I would think of as a fancier type place foodwise. Frankly it isn't what I could call a very good place to eat. At the Grand Floridian I would have picked Victoria and Albert's or Narcoossee’s if I were looking for fancy places to eat... Was there a reason you picked the Cafe at Grand Floridian?

christine7257

In terms of what is open currently, you might check out Wine Bar George (Disney Springs), Tiffins (Animal Kingdom), Hollywood Brown Derby (Hollywood Studios), California Grill (Contemporary resort), Topolino's (Riviera resort). Chefs de France in EPCOT always feels fancy to me. Also several nice restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin resorts: bluezoo, Il Mulino, Shula's.

Not currently open but worth checking out if they do: Flying Fish (Boardwalk resort), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club), Monsieur Paul (EPCOT).

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
Not sure why you put Grand Floridian Cafe on your list if your mom like fancier restaurants. The Cafe isn't what I would think of as a fancier type place foodwise. Frankly it isn't what I could call a very good place to eat. At the Grand Floridian I would have picked Victoria and Albert's or Narcoossee’s if I were looking for fancy places to eat... Was there a reason you picked the Cafe at Grand Floridian?
No reason. She thought it would be fun there. I will look at the other two. Thank you!

Figgy1

Premium Member
In terms of what is open currently, you might check out Wine Bar George (Disney Springs), Tiffins (Animal Kingdom), Hollywood Brown Derby (Hollywood Studios), California Grill (Contemporary resort), Topolino's (Riviera resort). Chefs de France in EPCOT always feels fancy to me. Also several nice restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin resorts: bluezoo, Il Mulino, Shula's.

Not currently open but worth checking out if they do: Flying Fish (Boardwalk resort), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club), Monsieur Paul (EPCOT).
^^^^This except I wouldn't call CDF fancy. It's ok atmosphere wise but IMHO the food is meh. On my must do places is Sanaa not fancy but the bread service is excellent and the animals walking past the windows makes for a fun meal

Hockey89

Capa, at the four seasons, is by far the best spot.
V&A has always been great outside of our last meal which was blah(Hope that is not a trend)
Bluezoo
Shula's
Cal grill has a great view.... Food is good enough.

Weather_Lady

If you're looking to dine inside the parks and your mother "will try anything," Tiffins (AK) would be a nice option.

(P.S. If you go there, order the Charred Octopus appetizer, which is about the best thing I've ever eaten on Disney property. You'll thank me later!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom