News Ohana reopening July 9th

Weather_Lady

Itā€™s broccolini. Get woke!
I know, I know - broccolini is a fancified Franken-broccoli cross-breed - but saying "Polynesian... broccoli" is just funnier.

1623441068871.jpeg

EdnaMode

Totally.

The masses have forgotten what their other (and higher) objective should have been. I'm reminded of that scene in The Birdcage when Armand grabs the soup from the kitchen before the final ingredient is added, and Agador is left wailing, "WAAAIT! There's SHRIIIIMPS!" The 'Ohana revolutionaries cannot rest simply because they "won" back an 8-cent portion of ramen in place of a 5-cent portion of rice: they must not forget the shrimps! THE WAR IS NOT OVER! ;)

Those noodles are something to behold, but there are other problems with the menu that noodles don't solve.

Thankfully....Thai Coconut Meatballs are still available at Polynesian (I think? They may have subbed in roast chicken and broccolini by now.)

Mark48

Noodles are back but I feel we have all been distracted from the big picture . The shrimp takeaway is the big loss. Lets face it, fried rice is no cheaper than noodles making the swap back easy. But shrimp? That's a blatant money saving removal. We must rise up and not settle for only noodles!!!! Shrimp must be added back to the menu or we shall protest en mass outside the new Port Cochere'. If I want casserole I will go visit my grandmother. So join the rebellion !!!;)

Bella749

I only ate breakfast at Ohanaā€™s. I always wanted to try it it for dinner, but unfortunately the rest of my family didnā€™t care for the menu. I am curious what makes the noodles so popular. How do they make it?

TikibirdLand

Noodles are back but I feel we have all been distracted from the big picture . The shrimp takeaway is the big loss. Lets face it, fried rice is no cheaper than noodles making the swap back easy. But shrimp? That's a blatant money saving removal. We must rise up and not settle for only noodles!!!! Shrimp must be added back to the menu or we shall protest en mass outside the new Port Cochere'. If I want casserole I will go visit my grandmother. So join the rebellion !!!;)
I liked another poster's idea: order a bunch of the casseroles and pick the shrimp out of them. I'm betting it would take a bunch to make up a skewer of them though (not even sure there will be that much shrimp in them).

Weather_Lady

I only ate breakfast at Ohanaā€™s. I always wanted to try it it for dinner, but unfortunately the rest of my family didnā€™t care for the menu. I am curious what makes the noodles so popular. How do they make it?

CaptinEO

I'm thankful when I went here it was in 2019, sad how they removed the shrimp and pineapple bread. This was a special dinner for our honeymoon and I was hoping to return one day. Not with these items missing though.

RSoxNo1

I'm guessing the shrimp is a supply issue.

I always referred to the bread as a suckers bet. The bread is good, but you don't want to fill up on bread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom