New Disney series 'Behind the Attraction' will go behind-the-curtain at some of Disney's most famous attractions

Stupido

I'm so happy to see this. Disney is sitting on a gold mine of material, everyone wants to be able to spend more time in the parks from a distance. The Imagineering Story was an absolute delight, and this seems like a way to keep that energy flowing. I'd love it for this to be a multi season type of deal, where each year we get a behind the scenes look at different attractions/lands. Especially with Frog Mountain happening soon, it would be so cool to see that process documented. Seeing the decision making behind the scenes might also help sell some people upset with the changes coming.

This is great news, and I can't wait to binge!! More in-park series, please Disney! :D

doctornick

I really hope that this will be an ongoing series and not a one shot. It seems like a perfect way to add content to D+ while also advertising the parks and being of interest to us parks nerds.

I mean, a second season could easily consist of some or all of the following (and I'm limiting it just to the domestic parks)....

POTC
BTMRR
Tiki Birds
Matterhorn (maybe together with Everest in a "Yeti Mountain" premise)
Indiana Jones Adventure
Spaceship Earth
Flight of Passage
Rise of the Resistance
Carousel of Progress
Kilimanjaro Safari
another hotel one - maybe Polynesian and/or Contemporary (or even add Grand Floridian for a Seven Seas Lagoon one)
something entertainment oriented like "parades" or "fireworks"

As an aside, very surprised to see Hall of Presidents featured. I can see them doing a America oriented one given that it is July for the release, but would have probably expected American Adventure instead. Though I guess HoP will talk about Lincoln as well.

ppete1975

Using archival and never-before-seen footage, we'll hear from key figures at Walt Disney Imagineering including Bob Weis, Jeanette Lomboy, Kim Irvine, Scott Trowbridge, Tom Fitzgerald, Scot Drake, Carmen Smith, and Joe Rohde.

Im very curious how the relationship is with bob gurr and others are with disney.
If i was disney i would make use of bob (89), margaret kerry (92), julie andrews (85) and there are so many other original employees and stuff.
They are all getting up in age and there are so many stories they could tell especially bob gurr. And if you have never heard margaret kerry talk about being tinker bell that should be a show. We have already lost so many of the original artists and park designers they really shouldnt miss this time. Imagine if X Atencio, mary blair, marc davis or harper goff were still alive.

they arent even using tony baxter...

1623169640335.png

ppete1975

I really hope that this will be an ongoing series and not a one shot. It seems like a perfect way to add content to D+ while also advertising the parks and being of interest to us parks nerds.

I mean, a second season could easily consist of some or all of the following (and I'm limiting it just to the domestic parks)....

POTC
BTMRR
Tiki Birds
Matterhorn (maybe together with Everest in a "Yeti Mountain" premise)
Indiana Jones Adventure
Spaceship Earth
Flight of Passage
Rise of the Resistance
Carousel of Progress
Kilimanjaro Safari
another hotel one - maybe Polynesian and/or Contemporary (or even add Grand Floridian for a Seven Seas Lagoon one)
something entertainment oriented like "parades" or "fireworks"

As an aside, very surprised to see Hall of Presidents featured. I can see them doing a America oriented one given that it is July for the release, but would have probably expected American Adventure instead. Though I guess HoP will talk about Lincoln as well.
hop with its worlds fair history and early usage of aas is im sure why its there, its one of the most historically important attraction by to disney

erasure fan1

I really hope that this will be an ongoing series and not a one shot. It seems like a perfect way to add content to D+ while also advertising the parks and being of interest to us parks nerds
Since they have a gruntload more than 10 iconic attractions, multiple seasons would make a ton of sense. Unfortunately when things make that much sense, Disney has a habit of not doing it.

I'm a huge fan of the toys that made us on Netflix. I have envisioned something similar with Disney rides for a very long time. I really hope this is a deep look into how the sausage is made and not an over glorified commercial.

Animaniac93-98

Disney has announced that all 10 episodes will no longer debut at once - the first 5 will launch on July 21st. The remaining 5 episodes will be coming "later this year".

I'm guessing The Hall of Presidents will be one of them that will come later, since it's still not open yet.

Jungle Cruise will for sure be released before the movie on July 21.

deix15x8

Disney has announced that all 10 episodes will no longer debut at once - the first 5 will launch on July 21st. The remaining 5 episodes will be coming "later this year".
I'm guessing October 1st to cross promote the 50th or perhaps in alignment with whenever the 50th TV special airs.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I am really looking forward to this. Disney+ is cranking out some great original material.

With that being said ——-That is a strange trailer. Produced by Dwayne Johnson? All very odd!

erasure fan1

With that being said ——-That is a strange trailer. Produced by Dwayne Johnson? All very odd!
Maybe the rock is a huge theme park enthusiast, with a vast wealth of knowledge to bestow upon us. There's no way Disney would just have him so they could promote his new movie that just happens to be based on a Disney attraction. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom