Question regarding the Florida tax-free "Freedom Week" in July (sorry if already asked about)

Hello. I was wondering if Disney tickets or the Disney Annual Passes will fall under this? My passes are due to be renewed that week and I was wondering if the tax free incentive would apply. (And Ive googled and searched this site to no avail. And The call wait times with Disney were long today so Im asking on here.) Thanks :)

MrMcDuck

I know the holiday is going to apply to a lot more things this year, including things like season tickets for the arts, private club memberships, etc., but I think the tax will still be charged on your annual pass. I know that sales on Disney property will not be exempted since the law says, "The tax exemptions provided in this section do not apply to sales within a theme park or entertainment complex as defined in s. 509.013(9), Florida Statutes"

Upvote 0

Finallyinflorida

Original Poster
Upvote 0

Finallyinflorida

Original Poster
Per this article it looks like it does not apply to theme parks.

thank you!!
I know the holiday is going to apply to a lot more things this year, including things like season tickets for the arts, private club memberships, etc., but I think the tax will still be charged on your annual pass. I know that sales on Disney property will not be exempted since the law says, "The tax exemptions provided in this section do not apply to sales within a theme park or entertainment complex as defined in s. 509.013(9), Florida Statutes"
Thank you!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Reminds me of how Dis gets me excited when I read that they are making discount offers for certain resorts and for certain dates and in fine print excludes the very ones I would book and the times I'd be going.

Upvote 0

Azazin

I didn't know that there was a tax-free week organized in Florida. I wonder if this will work in Disney. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland, but it is so expensive. I moved to the United States one year ago, and here the tax system works completely different compared to Europe. You are paying taxes for anything you buy in the USA. Also, the taxes for the salary are much bigger than n Europe. I use the Pay Stub Creator every time I get my salary to analyze how much I am earning and how much I give for taxes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yensid1967

I always wanted to go to Disney, but it is too expensive for one day
You COULD afford to go to Disney...ya just need to know where to get the best prices! On here is a great place to start to ask questions and advice! We are all friends helping each other when it comes to ALL things Disney!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I didn't know that there was a tax-free week organized in Florida. I wonder if this will work in Disney. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland, but it is so expensive. I moved to the United States one year ago, and here the tax system works completely different compared to Europe. You are paying taxes for anything you buy in the USA. Also, the taxes for the salary are much bigger than n Europe. I use the Pay Stub Creator every time I get my salary to analyze how much I am earning and how much I give for taxes.
This is from the published rules:

The tax exemptions do not apply to sales within a theme park or entertainment complex, within a public lodging establishment, or within an airport.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom