Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

jt04

Just like most other guests. There’s nothing to keep your interest as you make your way up into the pavilion, no life or activity. Are you going to hang out in a pavilion that feels dead or one that feels alive?

I think new guests believe some paths lead backstage. I see what imagineers did but it never worked well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel the stairs is what killed this pavilion. No one wants to walk up stairs, so they slowly moved more things to the promenade while closing things upstairs and now we are going to be left with literally nothing to do between the promenade and the back of the pavilion.

Stairs? Are people in our country that lazy that they don't want / like to walk up a flight of stairs?

Just like most other guests. There’s nothing to keep your interest as you make your way up into the pavilion, no life or activity. Are you going to hang out in a pavilion that feels dead or one that feels alive?

"Going up" has a set of ramps to avoid the stairs so that it's handicapped accessible. Of course, once you get up to the top, there's really nothing to do except to go down a set of stairs to get to O' Canada.

Or, one can stay at the ground level thru the garden, go past La Cellier, and thru the above-mentioned canyon to get to the entrance to O' Canada -- no stairs, no ramps.

Of course, I know all this only from years of visits. From the promenade, none of this is available information. Canada Pavilion looks like steps up to stores on the left, and a garden* on the right, and that's it.

*A very guest-unfriendly garden which we see it only from a side, can't walk thru it, and there's no seating. Imagine an art gallery that was just a crowded hallway.

castlecake2.0

"Going up" has a set of ramps to avoid the stairs so that it's handicapped accessible. Of course, once you get up to the top, there's really nothing to do except to go down a set of stairs to get to O' Canada.

Or, one can stay at the ground level thru the garden, go past La Cellier, and thru the above-mentioned canyon to get to the entrance to O' Canada -- no stairs, no ramps.

Of course, I know all this only from years of visits. From the promenade, none of this is available information. Canada Pavilion looks like steps up to stores on the left, and a garden* on the right, and that's it.

*A very guest-unfriendly garden which we see it only from a side, can't walk thru it, and there's no seating. Imagine an art gallery that was just a crowded hallway.
That was the issue ever time I was out working on the promenade, it was a very confusing layout for guests, and signage also confusing. The pavilion works best when explored, but people can’t be bothered, and as you said, the garden has no where for you to sit to enjoy. The wooden bridge in the canyon is also due to be widened before an ECV ultimately gets stuck on it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thank you, let us know what they respond with

“Thank you for taking the time we want your money to send us an email! We hope you had a MAGICAL time at Walt Disney World Resort and spend a lot hope to see you again soon! Making sure our guests enjoy the MAGIC spend more is our top priority and we will work diligently to ensure your next visit give us your bank info is a memorable one!”

castlecake2.0

847E091A-B267-428A-B91C-025E5759BF59.jpeg

Prototype82

Thank you, let us know what they respond with
Dear Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and thank you for being a part of our Annual Passholder family.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your feedback. I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment over the closure of Canada Far and Wide. I understand that this Attraction is important to you and your family, and I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate Leadership at Epcot.

Please trust that innovation and creativity are always at the heart of everything we do, and we are completely committed to offering all our Guests the most diverse, exciting, and fun experiences in a way that only Disney can do. We are a constantly evolving travel destination and every day and every year we make adjustments to all that we offer based on a variety of factors such as seasonal demand and Guest feedback.

Mike, thank you again for writing to us, and we look forward to our next opportunity to entertain you at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kindest regards,

Amy Pines
Guest Experience Services

Lilofan

Dear Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and thank you for being a part of our Annual Passholder family.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your feedback. I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment over the closure of Canada Far and Wide. I understand that this Attraction is important to you and your family, and I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate Leadership at Epcot.

Please trust that innovation and creativity are always at the heart of everything we do, and we are completely committed to offering all our Guests the most diverse, exciting, and fun experiences in a way that only Disney can do. We are a constantly evolving travel destination and every day and every year we make adjustments to all that we offer based on a variety of factors such as seasonal demand and Guest feedback.

Mike, thank you again for writing to us, and we look forward to our next opportunity to entertain you at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kindest regards,

Amy Pines
Seasonal demand and guest feedback - more Food and Wine...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Dear Mike,

Kindest regards,

Amy Pines

It’s a buzzword bingo cover-all!

The_Jobu

I like the idea someone mentioned about removing the leaning posts and putting in some high tables with the film running in the background.

Seems like an easy way to keep everyone happy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom