News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

mfortis

Need point charts for that. But if it's 300 studios and not multiple studios per unit (DVC units are normally 2BR equivalent blocks), then let's do a slightly below average 25 points per night.

That's 300 rooms X 365 nights X 25 points per night x 260 dollars a point = 711,750,000.00

And that's before the prorated dues and the likely increase to the cost of points before they go on sale.
Wowsa! I tried something similar and I kept on getting a -e on my calculator. lol

TransportationGuy

I have a strong feeling that cash rooms will continue to get flipped to DVC until contracts start to expire. That point will serve as an inflection point on demand. If DVC feels like they can resell those same units, they will. If not, they can put them back into the cash inventory. By doing this, the balance sheet will still show similar numbers of DVC units having been sold while daily rental can sell the cash rooms as an up charge since they are suites after all.

TransportationGuy

Conventions, in general, are in trouble. We will see what the next few years hold.
This is one area I wouldn’t be too sure on. The business world learned that digital digital meetings weren’t all that it was thought to be. Additionally, even if the meetings industry does shrink modestly, Orlando has the second highest market share for meetings in the country and is continuing to close the gap with Chicago for the number one spot.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm confused. What is the third picture?

"For an even grander stay, families staying in spacious one- or two-bedroom villas will enjoy the comforts of home while staying inside the magic. These accommodations offer full kitchens and large living areas as well as added conveniences – like modern appliances, a farmhouse sink, and a washer and dryer. Living areas will feature a new pull-down queen-size bed along with a pull-down bunk-size bed that folds away to be hidden beneath the media center.

For larger families and multi-generational vacations, guests will enjoy plenty of room and comfort in the three-bedroom grand villa. These spacious accommodations sleep up to 12 guests, with two bedrooms that include two queen-size beds each, along with a primary bedroom that features a king-size bed. Three-bedroom grand villas also boast a dining area and expansive living room. Charming accents in the rooms include Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Victorian-themed silhouettes and other artwork featuring Mary Poppins and Dumbo."

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The one and two bedroom living area photo shows a Murphy bed so presumably that will also be in the original villa building studios, but the newly converted rooms will have two traditional beds? It's interesting to see different studio bed options, unless of course I'm wrong about Murphy beds in the original villas building.

Scott also wrote that there will be a room type "unique to the villas at this resort." What's the speculation there?

Skywise

I like the design and colors but it doesn't feel like a "Victorian era Floridian Resort" anymore. They seem to have hit on "Florida and Elegant" though and given the room redesigns for the Contemporary and Polynesian I suppose I should be thankful for that.

At least there's no Mary Poppins penguin fatheads all over the walls.

CaptainAmerica

I like the design and colors but it doesn't feel like a "Victorian era Floridian Resort" anymore.
That's good. An ACTUAL "Victorian era Floridian Resort" would be dank and dark and stuffy and terrible. Leave the heaviest theming for the lobby, keep the rooms clean and fresh.

At least there's no Mary Poppins penguin fatheads all over the walls.
Amen.

James Alucobond

I like the design and colors but it doesn't feel like a "Victorian era Floridian Resort" anymore. They seem to have hit on "Florida and Elegant" though and given the room redesigns for the Contemporary and Polynesian I suppose I should be thankful for that.
I know some have other opinions, but I am personally fine with the rooms being contemporary with a decently sizeable nod to the period and style of the resort through fixtures, finishes, and decor. If I wanted to go to a historic hotel, I would do so. At Disney, I want the charm of the environs but the conveniences and cleanliness of a modern room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom