Port Orleans Re-Opening

Dave B

Original Poster
My wife was reading on her facebook Disney groupover the weekend that Port Orleans is scheduled to re-open July 1st, anyone here have info?

Dave B

Original Poster
I thought the same thing, but Wilderness is opening and you cant find rooms there, so I wasn't sure

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I thought the same thing, but Wilderness is opening and you cant find rooms there, so I wasn't sure

But didn't Disney announce that and I assume release bookings and people just booked it up already.
Right now it seems that with the limited availability people are snapping up ANYTHING even if its not exactly what they wanted.

nickys

Premium Member
When the re-opening date was announced for WL, BC, Poly etc people started booking rooms immediately. That’s why you can’t find much availability.

Disney will announce the opening date at least 3-4 months ahead.

I did see one report that someone had managed to get a quote online for POR for June 2022, but she couldn’t actually proceed, and then the option disappeared.

wdwfan22

I don't think they officially have announced anything, but that doesn't mean anything. I did notice that both Port Orleans Resorts are now in the drop down box for the summer promotion. No rooms are available though.

ilovelabs2021

Nothing has been announced officially, and I agree that there would be far more than 6 weeks notice if those resorts were opening. We booked BC in January. The reopening date of May 30 was announced in December, and people could book right after the announcement. There is very little inventory for the summer at this point.

mf1972

this thread had me looking online today to see if there was any announcement of a reopening 🤪. we’re currently booked for ASM this October, but will book POFQ should it reopen.

Weather_Lady

this thread had me looking online today to see if there was any announcement of a reopening 🤪. we’re currently booked for ASM this October, but will book POFQ should it reopen.
There isn't any announcement and hasn't been. The OP's wife's Facebook group's person-who-posted-that is wrong.

My best guess is that somebody Googled around looking for information, found an old article, perhaps talking about Disney resuming reservations on July 1, 2020 (which it did, after the COVID shutdown), didn't realize the year, and decided to spread the news. Such mistakes are pretty easy to make, given that some blogs don't routinely put publication dates on their articles, and/or don't always list the year when talking about upcoming events, or simply use confusing or overly-broad language when talking about "reservations."

I wish you luck though, @mf1972 -- given how "booked up" the resorts are, I would think WDW would be pushing hard to reopen more as soon as possible. No sense leaving money on the table, and the Port Orleans resorts have long been popular!

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

On another disney site, not tobe named, LOL, it was apparently confirmed that POR is currently being used for Cast training. It was confirmed by a person going through that training now. I don't know what this means for POR in the future, but hope POR and POFQ are opened soon.

mf1972

There isn't any announcement and hasn't been. The OP's wife's Facebook group's person-who-posted-that is wrong.

My best guess is that somebody Googled around looking for information, found an old article, perhaps talking about Disney resuming reservations on July 1, 2020 (which it did, after the COVID shutdown), didn't notice the date, and decided to spread the news. Such mistakes are pretty to make, given that some blogs don't routinely put publication dates on their articles, and/or don't always list the year when talking about upcoming events, or simply use confusing language when talking about "reservations."

I wish you luck though, @mf1972 -- given how "booked up" the resorts are, I would think WDW would be pushing hard to reopen more as soon as possible. No sense leaving money on the table, and the Port Orleans resorts have long been popular!
thanks for your concern. i figured the rumor wasn’t true. i check their website 1-2 times a month for updates, & it would’ve been mentioned here on the forums as well. you do seem right about the resorts filling up. i looked at the availability on other resorts for our travel dates, & the pickings are slim t say the least.

Weather_Lady

thanks for your concern. i figured the rumor wasn’t true. i check their website 1-2 times a month for updates, & it would’ve been mentioned here on the forums as well. you do seem right about the resorts filling up. i looked at the availability on other resorts for our travel dates, & the pickings are slim t say the least.
I'm not sure if "their website" meant Disney's website, or the Unofficial Port Orleans website, but FWIW, here's the link to the Unofficial site, which does a good job keeping its ear to the ground for "rumblings" of PORS-related news.

Last edited:

mf1972

I'm not sure if "their website" meant Disney's website, or the Unofficial Port Orleans website, but FWIW, here's the link to the Unofficial site, which does a good job keeping its ear to the ground for "rumblings" of PORS-related news.

i meant to say disney’s main website. my bad.

runnsally

I am surprised that given the recent cdc announcement and the pent up demand that POR and PORFQ have not been announced. It makes you wonder if demand is as big as it seems or if the international travellers make up more of the percentage of guests than what I thought.
I suspect staffing issues are also contributing. WDW still can’t offer typical housekeeping at the resorts already open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom