News Monorail Orange refurbishment completed

hopemax

We rode monorail Orange yesterday to MK. The speaker in our cabin behind the driver sounded terrible. Noisy in addition to the static and we couldn’t understand the announcements at all.

Skywise

We rode monorail Orange yesterday to MK. The speaker in our cabin behind the driver sounded terrible. Noisy in addition to the static and we couldn’t understand the announcements at all.
[mickey mouse voice]: no no - you must be mistaken... it's refurbished and everything is fine. Ha Ha.

montyz81

Head of Transportation to Monorail Worker "Psst, go throw some paint on Orange and put it back out for service, everyone will think we bought new monorails. That gives us another 25 years to get automation right!"

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Would be great for that article to show the inside. I don't recall the outside being in that bad of shape...
The interior is like this, but replace silver with orange.

Monorail_Full_37518.jpg

Disone

Monorail Orange was refurbished just a couple years ago if I recall correctly. They seem to be taking better care of the monorails now.
It was last refurbished in 2017 and looked notably better, shiny, clean, and bright! So it is encouraging that roughly four years later it got another major, maybe even MORE major refurbishment. I do wish interior pictures has been included. Lime, Silver, Black, Red, Blue have all gone under the knife. the Monorail cast says it is more then cosmetic, they are getting New breaking systems. So its exterior, interior, and some significant under the hood work too.

Disone

I think the only ones left to be refurbished are Coral (needs it real bad), Teal, Gold?
Yellow, Green, Peach, Coral, Gold, and Teal. Green looks okay so I think it may have got it, but at the time they were not into making the different colored chevrons. But I feel like I have been inside Green and notice it has the new refreshed interior, with walls that say green and are green, along with the stripe around the standing room which use to be salmon for all trains.
If only they would make a MK VIII that looked like the Mark VIs but with the technology of the Type C.
That would be Wondeful, but the Type c also rides on a wider beam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom