Ice Cream coming back to Boardwalk

UNCgolf

I prefer the ice cream in France. Probably because of the flavors. But next time Iā€™m there Iā€™ll try them both ā€œfor researchā€ :) haha

Yeah, there are definitely more flavors at the ice cream spot but last time I was there one of the flavors I got was terrible. And it's a flavor I normally like but it was just disgusting. Don't know what was wrong.

Giss Neric

First time I ever tried Salt & Straw in Downtown Disney was when they were currently offering their seasonal flavor called Creepy Crawly Critters which has crickets and meal worms. Better than I expected but it's not something I would want to buy to cool off obviously.
download.jpg

zapple

Of course, Vivoli Il Gelato at Disney Springs is the best gelato/ice cream on property and nothing else is even close.
It really is, the tiramisu flavor is my favorite and the epcot brioche ice cream sandwich canā€™t hold a candle to the bombolatos at Vivoli.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Why would you get ice cream in France when you can walk a bit further and get the vastly superior gelato in Italy??

Not that I've been to the new permanent gelato place, but I assume it's basically the same as the old cart they had, and the gelato from that cart was better than the ice cream in France. Of course, Vivoli Il Gelato at Disney Springs is the best gelato/ice cream on property and nothing else is even close.
I liked Vivoli, but $6 for a tiny, sample size cup, seemed overpriced to me.

UNCgolf

I liked Vivoli, but $6 for a tiny, sample size cup, seemed overpriced to me.

Well, it's in Disney Springs (and at Disney overall) so you have to expect the markup. A single scoop at Ghirardelli is $6 and one at Vivoli is $7 -- I'd rather pay that price for Vivoli.

Not that Ghirardelli's ice cream is bad; I just think the gelato at Vivoli is a lot better.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Well, it's in Disney Springs (and at Disney overall) so you have to expect the markup. A single scoop at Ghirardelli is $6 and one at Vivoli is $7 -- I'd rather pay that price for Vivoli.

Not that Ghirardelli's ice cream is bad; I just think the gelato at Vivoli is a lot better.
The gelato "portion" I got at that time was sad, gone in 3 or 4 teaspoons! šŸ˜„ It was good, just not the best gelato I've ever had. Still think it's overpriced, even for Disney.

UNCgolf

The gelato "portion" I got at that time was sad, gone in 3 or 4 teaspoons! šŸ˜„ It was good, just not the best gelato I've ever had. Still think it's overpriced, even for Disney.

It wasn't the best gelato I've ever had either (had better in actual Italy) but it might be the best I've had in the US and was easily the best ice cream/gelato I've had at Disney.

I don't think $1 more than Ghirardelli for roughly the same amount is too overpriced, but nothing wrong with feeling differently!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It wasn't the best gelato I've ever had either (had better in actual Italy) but it might be the best I've had in the US and was easily the best ice cream/gelato I've had at Disney.

I don't think $1 more than Ghirardelli for roughly the same amount is too overpriced, but nothing wrong with feeling differently!
Gelato and ice cream, although similar, are not exactly the same, that's why I didn't compare Ghirardelli's ice cream with Vivoli's gelato. To me, gelato in Italy isn't better, it's simply the best. I should know. ;)

Agree with 'nothing wrong with feeling differently'. :)

StaceyH_SD

Ooh!!!! Iā€™ve been to the Salt and Straw at Downtown Disney at DL. Pricey and they have some weird flavor combos but their ice cream IS good (I had salted caramel and it was tasty).

Based on their replies to some of the IG comments it looks like theyā€™re coming to Disney Springs!

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Yess!!!! Best news yet!!!!

Pricey and they have some weird flavor combos
Pretty much the same price as France.

Salt & Straw = single scoop $6
double scoop = $8

Lā€™Artisan des Glaces = Single = $5.75
Double scoop = $7.95

While itā€™s true that Salt & Straw have some exotic flavors, they go down in extremes to very vanilla flavors like... vanilla! (Speaking of puns... bring back citizens of Hollywood - I want puns AND ice cream!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom