FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

It's still true. How often do you pass the merge for a ride and there's no one ahead of you and a ride vehicle just waiting for you to get on?
Everest has problems fully filling trains sometimes. Same thing on the Safari and I’ve walked into an empty hallway from the stretching rooms.

DisneyDodo

Everest has problems fully filling trains sometimes. Same thing on the Safari and I’ve walked into an empty hallway from the stretching rooms.
It does happen sometimes, but not consistently, and it doesn't all necessarily derive from the SB-FP merge. I would imagine the impact on overall wait times from these instances is minimal.

Does Everest have problems even when the single rider line is running?

skypilot2922

The IPs are not the reason China wouldn't do this, as they don't care about IP rights. They wouldn't because they don't want to lose Imagineering and Disney's expertise in operating a world-class theme park. This isn't the same as manufacturing, where you can just reverse-engineer the finished product and you have everything you need.

By now they have learned all that they need to, And if they need more they will ‘lean’ on chinese emigre’s who have family in china who work for disney. With the usual threats we will take away parents pension and apartment, put them in jail etc.

Missing20K

Didn't we have some supposed insider (not one of our regulars) claim this was about to happen two years ago?

If this is repeated often enough it will eventually be correct, or, more likely, never proven to be wrong because it's always "soon."
529E1571-7471-4F77-913E-79AC897667B3.gif

Jeff4272

There were triple digit wait times yesterday for 7D, Splash, Jungle Cruise, Test Track, FOP, Smugglers Run and finally SDD.............On a Wednesday, In July

October - December is going to be ridiculous and I think you have to be out of your mind to go unless you have a VIP tour................

Waiting that long all day every day just takes all the fun out of it

And this is likely at lower capacity than it will be in the fall

Last edited:

pdude81

There were triple digit wait times yesterday for 7D, Splash, Jungle Cruise, Test Track, FOP, Smugglers Run and finally SDD.............In July

October - December is going to be ridiculous and I think you have to be out of your mind to go unless you have a VIP tour................

Waiting that long all day every day just takes all the fun out of it
I remember in FP time when Smugglers Run standy was 45 minutes tops and people said it sucked. Nothing makes sense anymore

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I'm paying out the nose for other upcharges now to make sure we can get a few things done, so for me I'd rather have FP back for planning purposes.
And Disney's plan is working perfectly - make lines as miserable as possible so that when they dangle the option to skip the line for just $15/person, people jump all over it. Geniuses.

(I'm not blaming you - I booked Club Level for the opening day of Galaxy's Edge on the premise that it would have given me the best chance at access if Disney had tiered it; and I'm booked for 2022 in a Deluxe to get the extra time at night. I'm fortunate, but it stinks.)

Jeff4272

And Disney's plan is working perfectly - make lines as miserable as possible so that when they dangle the option to skip the line for just $15/person, people jump all over it. Geniuses.

(I'm not blaming you - I booked Club Level for the opening day of Galaxy's Edge on the premise that it would have given me the best chance at access if Disney had tiered it; and I'm booked for 2022 in a Deluxe to get the extra time at night. I'm fortunate, but it stinks.)
But it makes the point that all these FP+ haters are going to regret WDW getting rid of it............

Once paid FP is introduced, the lines will be as long or longer as they were with FP+ and you will have to pay to skip it vs. getting for free in the past.....

Cant wait to to see all those FP+ haters crying in a few months and be BEGGING for it to return

DisneyDodo

But it makes the point that all these FP+ haters are going to regret WDW getting rid of it............

Once paid FP is introduced, the lines will be as long or longer as they were with FP+ and you will have to pay to skip it vs. getting for free in the past.....

Cant wait to to see all those FP+ haters crying in a few months and be BEGGING for it to return
I was a fan of FP+, but the standby lines should be shorter with paid FP, not longer, assuming all other factors are held constant. The FP lines will likely also be shorter. The overall average wait times, though, will remain unchanged, due to the smaller percentage of capacity allocated for FP. Ultimately, this will represent a net increase in wait times for those not willing to pay and a net decrease for those who are (but with more $ spent).

Jeff4272

A lot of the "regulars" on here claim to know more/be smarter than all the other users and could not be more wrong.........

So smart that they helped drive free FP+ from WDW and now will have to pay for it while lines continue to get longer...........Well i just wanted to say, good job! you won...........now have fun waiting 145 minutes in Peter Pan line

Whatever increase in the standby lines was created by FP+ was WELL worth it to skip the longest lines, especially when it was free

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I just want to know what the new system will be.

No matter what comes out there will be ways to take advantage. Gamers gonna game 😛 This time we might need to pony up to play but likely still many ways to maximize beyond the average visitor lol. Remember 49% are less smart than average.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
only if you are using a “median” (the one in the middle) average. If you use “mode” (most common occurance) or the more common “Mean” (add them all up and divide by the sample size) your results will vary.
Look up the datasaurus.
How bout half of all people are less smart than the other half :joyfull:

eta -half of all FP users didn't use it as well as the other half

lightguy

It… does not work. It’s an operational nightmare and increase wait times substantially at all but the most popular attractions.
I was at WDW last week and a let me tell you, the lines SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to get up and rope drop EVERY day of the trip in order to ride the big rides without a 2 hour wait. Even then I don't think we had more than 4 or 5 waits less than 20-30 min.... on anything....the whole trip. Unless you rode during the fireworks, night time was no better than most of the rest of the day. In the MK, an hour or so after open most everything in the park had a 30+ min. wait (60+ for big rides). We actually had to wait for almost 15 min. for COP- 1st time I've ever waited more than about 5 min. for it in over 15 years. In 10 days at the parks we rode significantly less rides than we typically would have in 7 days in the past. I'd take FP in a second.

We did get one Fast Pass during the trip...a ride broke down just as we got on so they gave us a FP...we used it to ride Space Mountain. Boy did we get some killer looks as we bypassed the 80 min. queue. That brings up the other big issue I haven't seen anyone talk about. The queue's are out of control. Putting 100% of ride capacity in half the queue (just the standby line) is a disaster. At one point we saw the queue for 7DMT wrap through the queue, the extended queue and then wrap nearly all the way around the entire attraction...last I saw it, it was about 200' from being back to the entrance. We rode Winne The Pooh. It had a posted wait of 30 min. and the line started at the Cheshire Café. Nearly every major, and some minor, ride had queue lines spilling out into the park pretty much the entire time it was open. So much so that most rides had to have a cast member standing at the end of the line holding a sign saying where the end of the line started and what ride it was for.

In my opinion, this is a major crowding and staffing issue that they are going to have to do something about in the long term. If whatever replaces FP+ is used much less then FP+ was, they are going to have to rebuild the queues to provide more standby space...though I don't know how you do that and still have the express lane for the paid system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom