FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

I'll be here all week. ;)

200.gif

MrMichaelJames

This is the crux of the issue, FP+ did work for free because it was not a skip the line pass, regardless what anyone thinks... it was much closer to a virtual queue. Moving to a paid skip the line pass will not alleviate standby waits but will singularly benefit those who want to pay. Depending on the cost, the only people who may win out vs. FP+ coming back are those who have zero qualms paying whatever Disney asks in abundance. They will win, everyone else will either ride less rides or spend more time in standby in order to ride the same number of rides that they are accustomed to.
Yup, thats why I'm saying I would be willing to pay more to make my time more enjoyable and less standing around.

skypilot2922

Back when WDW theme park admission were today's equivalent of $95 for a 3-day hopper, quality and service were outstanding.

I was at the central hub at the Magic Kingdom in May 1982 with friends and noticed a bench with chipped paint on one arm. We joked about it for the rest of the day. We even took a photo. Wouldn't you know it, we came back the next day and the chip was fixed to the point where we couldn't see where the chip had been! That was the level of maintenance and service WDW provided to its Guests every day.

Sights like this were impossible in the 1970s and 1980s:

View attachment 574901

Light bulbs were replaced when they were at 80% of expected lifespan. Today, burnt out light bulbs don't get replaced at all:

View attachment 574899

Disney is charging more than ever to be at their theme parks. WDW is the most expensive theme park in the world.

At these prices, Guests should receive the very best every day. Instead, Disney wants Guests to pay even more in order to avoid the long lines that Disney created by not expanding capacity to keep up demand, even as the Parks & Resorts segment reports record profits year after year.

Since taking over Parks & Resorts in 2015, Bob Chapek has:
  • introduced seasonal pricing for theme park tickets, with prices for the holidays rising by 51% since 2015,
  • added expiration dates to theme park tickets,
  • increased hotel prices by more than 35%,
  • ended Disney's Magic Express,
  • ended Extra Magic Hours,
  • cancelled or scaled back several previously announced projects at WDW.
Guests have every right to be angry at the way they are being treated by Bob Chapek. The rumored end of FastPass+ and its cash-grab replacement is just the latest example of Chapek treating his 'Guests' the way a baby treats a diaper.

I like to point to 2015 as the year ‘the wheels fell off’ that was also the year they made huge cuts at wdw to finance the losses and overruns at Shanghai. And it’s gotten progressively worse as time rolls on

G00fyDad

I like to point to 2015 as the year ‘the wheels fell off’ that was also the year they made huge cuts at wdw to finance the losses and overruns at Shanghai. And it’s gotten progressively worse as time rolls on
Isn't Shanghai Disneyland owned by someone else? I could have swore I read that someplace before. I'm probably wrong though.

wutisgood

Disney always loves to set unreasonable expectations and then cry poor and cut other non related things when those expectations fall short. When they make crazy money they pocket most of it and underinvest.

I really get the feeling my recent trip to wdw and Disneyland trip in a few days are going to be the last pretty good trips I have for a long time. Once International visitors return in in full, fake extra magic hours kick in, and paid only fast pass is implemented (if they go through with it), visiting for a day is going to be a poor experience.

Last edited:

threvester

You're right. I have never in my life seen 80 FP guests pushed in front of 20 standby guests. I have been in WDW when a ride reopened after a storm. I got in the FP line for Everest and watched as they let 30 FP to 10 standby through and in those rare circumstances, yes, the FP did slow the standby line. But yeah, keep telling us about the 80-20 thing. I am dropping this argument because FP haters will refuse to see reality. I will keep looking for other information about what they are bringing out next. Whatever it is I am sure it will cause more great gnashing of teeth and wails of despair from the standby crowd. Good day to you. 🙋‍♂️
ok ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom