News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

havoc315

Really wish they would reduce distancing a bit in the restaurants. Of course, I understand the logic in not doing so. But right now, seems many restaurants are using MORE than 6 feet distancing.
And WDW desperately needs more dining capacity.

But if queues, etc, are reducing to 3 feet by June... maybe dining will see reductions by July.

And this really opens up the possibility for fireworks, especially at Epcot, where 3' of distance would be pretty easy around the Showcase.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Really wish they would reduce distancing a bit in the restaurants. Of course, I understand the logic in not doing so. But right now, seems many restaurants are using MORE than 6 feet distancing.
And WDW desperately needs more dining capacity.

But if queues, etc, are reducing to 3 feet by June... maybe dining will see reductions by July.

And this really opens up the possibility for fireworks, especially at Epcot, where 3' of distance would be pretty easy around the Showcase.
I agree. Let’s be honest 3ft of social distancing is basically an arms length so I hope they don’t try to enforce that too crazy

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I suspect "enforcement" to be gentle reminders when there are throngs of people. I don't think they will be taking out tape measures and backing people up by a foot.
Yeah 3ft feels more because they don’t want to say no more social distancing just yet but hey with all the times I’ve felt like a sardine at wdw I wouldn’t mind a little buffer haha

disneygeek90

I suspect "enforcement" to be gentle reminders when there are throngs of people. I don't think they will be taking out tape measures and backing people up by a foot.
If Universal is any indication, 3 ft is basically slightly more than a normal line. Depending on who is standing in queue behind you, at least. The markers don't even matter anymore because two people take up more than 3 ft. Some are back to their normal "bump into you they're so close."

jinx8402

If Universal is any indication, 3 ft is basically slightly more than a normal line. Depending on who is standing in queue behind you, at least. The markers don't even matter anymore because two people take up more than 3 ft. Some are back to their normal "bump into you they're so close."
Probably would be better to remove the markers and just have signage stating/showing to stand one arm length away from the group in front of you.

Aggieland03

0gzd5b74bxk41.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom