Any news on a return date for Hoop-De-Doo Revue and the Polynesian Luau shows?

prberk

Original Poster
With some shows back at the parks, any news on these fantastic, iconic WDW dinner shows returning?

nickys

Premium Member
With some shows back at the parks, any news on these fantastic, iconic WDW dinner shows returning?
Not yet.

We have heard that the Hoop De Doo cast were re-hired, or at least offered new contracts. So it’s safe to assume that rehearsals might be restarting soon, presumably with some changes. I imagine that would take 2-3 months. Disney will also want to wait until they feel able to reduce social distancing in restaurants.

Not heard about the Luau.

montyz81

Any news on Hoop De Doo's return. I heard the Luau was gone for good but thought HDD would be back at least a month ago.

Lil Copter Cap

Others have confirmed the cast of HDDR were recalled, and some new cast hired, and they’re working in other roles until Disney deem it safe to bring it back.

Pretty sure the Luau Isn’t coming back.
Confirming that's what I've heard. Hoop was in rehearsal and then dismissed after the reinstatement of in-door mask usage. Cast is currently in a holding pattern.

I haven't heard anything about the Luau, but with how popular it is...I would hope something returns in that space.

Mark48

Confirming that's what I've heard. Hoop was in rehearsal and then dismissed after the reinstatement of in-door mask usage. Cast is currently in a holding pattern.

I haven't heard anything about the Luau, but with how popular it is...I would hope something returns in that space.
Something will be in that space.....A new DVC building . The Luau is unfortunately history. I just returned from the Poly
and the Luau signs are all being taken down. The " Strong " rumor is a new DVC building to rectify the lack of 1 and 2
bedroom villas at the Poly.

prberk

Original Poster
Others have confirmed the cast of HDDR were recalled, and some new cast hired, and they’re working in other roles until Disney deem it safe to bring it back.

Pretty sure the Luau Isn’t coming back.
Why wouldn’t they bring back the luau? Just made so much sense at the Poly. And a 1971 original!

NickWilde

Something will be in that space.....A new DVC building . The Luau is unfortunately history. I just returned from the Poly
and the Luau signs are all being taken down. The " Strong " rumor is a new DVC building to rectify the lack of 1 and 2
bedroom villas at the Poly.
Well if that's true, it's rather unfortunate. I've only done the luau once, but it was still a pretty fun experience and it added an additional sort of charm to the Poly. Getting rid of it and replacing it with another DVC building would take away from that charm, but with the IPification of the resort as of recent, seems to be what Bob Paycheck is going for. To him, profits outrank everything. At least HDD doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

Animaniac93-98

Why wouldn’t they bring back the luau? Just made so much sense at the Poly. And a 1971 original!

There's likely a much higher profit margin selling time shares and hotel rooms than dinner theater seats that may not happen every night or get cancelled due to weather.

It's sad to lose another WDW staple, and it's not like there's many dinner shows to begin with now that Mickey's BBQ is gone too.

John park hopper

Yea, read some where Luau is gone sad another WDW classic gone. Went to the Luau in 1977 on our honeymoon loved it. It's all about money now maximize profits at the guests expense. So sad Disney has chosen this path

jpinkc

That is sad on the Luau, we enjoyed it but I had read and heard that as well. I was hoping it would survive maybe just move its location or something.

Animaniac93-98

Am I the only one who thinks it is ridiculous to have a completely Hawaiian-themed resort with first class prices but without a luau? (Especially when it was designed and built with a luau cove?)

It's a "first class" resort that makes you walk over to Grand Floridian to use a gym or visit a spa; to say nothing of other amenities removed over time like the arcade and Neverland Club.

Disney knows that its fans just want a room near MK and not much else besides maybe the pool. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom