News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

MorphinePrince

yeah that's what other sites were reporting too... that HEA is gone. That seems incredibly odd to me... but with these projection shows now it seems Disney is keen to 'tweak' them and call them a whole new show. So they keep changing shows almost incrementally instead of big leaps like we had in the past.
I wonder if going forward fireworks shows will be like the Share a Dream Come True Parade; same "idea" but different tweaks every few years.

Touchdown

So no fireworks on Sept 30? That seems like a bad move, why can’t they turn around the show in a day. HEA and EF began the next day after ROE and Wishes final performances.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

yeah that's what other sites were reporting too... that HEA is gone. That seems incredibly odd to me... but with these projection shows now it seems Disney is keen to 'tweak' them and call them a whole new show. So they keep changing shows almost incrementally instead of big leaps like we had in the past.
To me HEA has always been like Fantasy in the Sky 2000. Kind of like a stepping stone into the next long term show. Both of them were good but not to well put together. DE seems like it’s going to be that gushy ground shaking Disney trying to get grown man cry type of show.

Vinnie Mac

To me HEA has always been like Fantasy in the Sky 2000. Kind of like a stepping stone into the next long term show. Both of them were good but not to well put together. DE seems like it’s going to be that gushy ground shaking Disney trying to get grown man cry type of show.
That last sentence really reminded me of Wishes...

If HEA is FITS 2000, will Disney Enchantment be Wishes..?

flynnibus

Premium Member

I hated the pop intro song for HEA, but besides that I think it's one of the best MK shows they've put together.. it screams Disney DNA to me and besides maybe 2 short segments I think are below the bar, the show is a knockout IMO. The choreography of the different elements (lasers, spots, projection, and fireworks) is the best yet IMO and doesn't reek of just 'tech showoff' which some of the earlier shows really suffered. Several of the projection shows really blew, and the spot light and wing turret integration wasn't nearly as strong in early shows as it is in HEA (again IMO). I think it has some of the best wow moments in the castle/fireworks integration and projection elements. Segments like the Genie bit will be standouts forever. Sure it may not have as much high altitude stuff as some prior shows, but I think they've really learned how to use the speciality and low altitude stuff to great effect. Yes, the more perimeter the better in the wow factor deptment which some shows get to leverage where HEA doesn't.. but I don't think HEA disappoints in the fireworks aspect.

Sure the show built upon elements flushed out in earlier progressive shows - but it's like the pinnacle of the format I think and comes out as a whole polished piece and not just a show-off of gizmos. If they just didn't have that pop song intro... (the finale piece of it isn't as bad to me as the opening number) it would be a show I'd praise up and down w/o any doubt. It's still the best MK show to date I think.

It just works all the elements together so well.. the soundtracks, the direction, the tech integration, the choreography, the impact moments, etc. I will truly be sad to see it go and I think Disney has really big shoes to fill.

Touchdown

People in DL were shocked to learn DL Forever was going to end and never come back after DL’s 60th anniversary was over back in summer 2016. Yet it came back summer 2019.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the 50th fireworks is heavily tied into the idea of a 50th anniversary, then after 18 months of it, it should come to an end and be replaced by something else. Most likely HEA or HEA 2.0.

ChristianG

Been watching HEA every night since it came back. Besides the low/castle pyro issues, another big issue that glares out are the spotlights.

In this particular case, I believe these are concerning the biggest ones.
When the show debuted, they had 5 biggies in each set.
View attachment 573750

Right before the closure in March 2020, there were still 5 in each set operating.
View attachment 573751

Now today (screenshot from last nights showing), there’s only 3 in each set. On July 1, there were actually only 2 operating on each side, so maybe they’re actively being worked on?
View attachment 573752

Just thought it was something to point out.
Also RIP HEA. Little did I know that May 24 2017 would be the only time I see it live. :(
HEA has consistently had these issues with all of its lights. I remember whole sets of lights were physically removed from the moat a couple years ago for maintenance, I even posted about it somewhere on this site at the time. They should come back, hopefully in time for the final performance.

TTA94

HEA has consistently had these issues with all of its lights. I remember whole sets of lights were physically removed from the moat a couple years ago for maintenance, I even posted about it somewhere on this site at the time. They should come back, hopefully in time for the final performance.

Also some of the brand new lights on the Harmonious barges were already removed for some reason and the show hasn’t even debuted yet. Still no lasers either.

Kevin_W

I hated the pop intro song for HEA, but besides that I think it's one of the best MK shows they've put together.. it screams Disney DNA to me and besides maybe 2 short segments I think are below the bar, the show is a knockout IMO. The choreography of the different elements (lasers, spots, projection, and fireworks) is the best yet IMO and doesn't reek of just 'tech showoff' which some of the earlier shows really suffered. Several of the projection shows really blew, and the spot light and wing turret integration wasn't nearly as strong in early shows as it is in HEA (again IMO). I think it has some of the best wow moments in the castle/fireworks integration and projection elements. Segments like the Genie bit will be standouts forever. Sure it may not have as much high altitude stuff as some prior shows, but I think they've really learned how to use the speciality and low altitude stuff to great effect. Yes, the more perimeter the better in the wow factor deptment which some shows get to leverage where HEA doesn't.. but I don't think HEA disappoints in the fireworks aspect.

Sure the show built upon elements flushed out in earlier progressive shows - but it's like the pinnacle of the format I think and comes out as a whole polished piece and not just a show-off of gizmos. If they just didn't have that pop song intro... (the finale piece of it isn't as bad to me as the opening number) it would be a show I'd praise up and down w/o any doubt. It's still the best MK show to date I think.

It just works all the elements together so well.. the soundtracks, the direction, the tech integration, the choreography, the impact moments, etc. I will truly be sad to see it go and I think Disney has really big shoes to fill.

I agree with everything you said, except that I actually really like the pop intro song as well. I remember seeing it the first time when it was fairly new and the crowd response to the build-up to Tink flying out of the castle was amazing.

Squishy

Been watching HEA every night since it came back. Besides the low/castle pyro issues, another big issue that glares out are the spotlights.

View attachment 573750

Right before the closure in March 2020, there were still 5 in each set operating.
View attachment 573751

Now today (screenshot from last nights showing), there’s only 3 in each set. On July 1, there were actually only 2 operating on each side, so maybe they’re actively being worked on?
View attachment 573752

Also RIP HEA. Little did I know that May 24 2017 would be the only time I see it live. :(
Was really noticeable last night during the start of the show.

gerarar

Premium Member

View attachment 573750

View attachment 573751

View attachment 573752

Update on this..
There are now 4 of 5 working on the left and right sets! Cmon Disney, just one more to go!!
3369E800-7FDE-4FC5-A93A-C780CAA8FD9F.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom