News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

gerarar

Premium Member
Here’s a good recording of last nights test with music. They rehearsed Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.

From the looks of it, some castle/FL rooftop fireworks were cut and/or reduced. Also perimeter shells were reduced (most notable section is the finale before the line “It’s my favorite time of the yearrr!” — time stamp 11:20 in video).

Also some quick comparisons of the castle/FL pyro cut (all from the finale song):

Before — There were comets going along with the hearts:
34A4D5E8-6AAD-4B2A-BE4A-72D00F75967E.png

Now — No comets, just the hearts:
15EF4A77-B53C-440E-B081-39863B1C3692.png

Before — 5 streams on either side:
2A3F939B-ACB5-418E-AD68-56E38243B466.png

Now — just 3 on either side:
8AC83D11-DE58-4C78-8B6B-3F15FCAFC4B3.png

Sure, this is just a test; regardless, sad to see what is missing and probably cut from the show that’s re-debuting in a week..

Last edited:

wtyy21

Here’s a good recording of last nights test with music. They rehearsed Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.

From the looks of it, some castle/FL rooftop fireworks were cut and/or reduced. Also perimeter shells were reduced (most notable section is the finale before the line “It’s my favorite time of the yearrr!” — time stamp 11:20 in video).

Also some quick comparisons of the castle/FL pyro cut (all from the finale song):

Before — There were comets going along with the hearts:
View attachment 596766
Now — No comets, just the hearts:
View attachment 596767

Before — 5 streams on either side:View attachment 596770
Now — just 3 on either side:
View attachment 596771
Sure, this is just a test; regardless, sad to see what is missing and probably cut from the show that’s re-debuting in a week..

If i remember, the similar castle rooftop pyro cut also happened at Disneyland in 2019, when they showing Disneyland Forever (2nd run) but with some, but significant castle rooftop pyro cut.

I believe at DL, they cut some rooftop pyro due to the effects of refurbished Sleeping Beauty Castle, which they needs to reconfigure the castle pyro, as well as budget cut. As a result, all older firework shows predate Mickey's Mix Magic (Halloween Screams, Believe in Holiday Magic) saw their some castle pyro cut beginning in 2019 performance. And the 2021 performance of these firework shows were or will also likely similar to 2019.

Example: Halloween Screams
In 2018, we found this for the opening:
Screenshot_20211030-045858.png
However in 2019 (also this year), we found the opening like this:
Screenshot_20211030-044908.png
In 2018 version, it saw more castle rooftop fireworks at Oogie Boogie segment
Screenshot_20211030-045937.pngScreenshot_20211030-052207.png
However, in 2019 onwards, most of castle rooftop pyro had been cut in this segment
Screenshot_20211030-044947.pngScreenshot_20211030-052132.png
The same goes with finale. In 2018 version:
Screenshot_20211030-050021.png
However, in 2019 (also this year), saw far less castle pyro seen in the finale.
Screenshot_20211030-045056.png

Source:
2018 version : www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUBbMBekjI
2019 version : www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRiksrche1o

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

nickys

Premium Member
Why many avoid MK on party days.
Which actually makes it the perfect day to go to MK - unless you really want to see the fireworks. Especially if you have hoppers and can hop to another park afterwards.

The non party days are far more crowded right from rope drop. Many guests feel the lower crowds on a party day more than makes up for the shorter hours.

Disone

Which actually makes it the perfect day to go to MK - unless you really want to see the fireworks. Especially if you have hoppers and can hop to another park afterwards.

The non party days are far more crowded right from rope drop. Many guests feel the lower crowds on a party day more than makes up for the shorter hours.
Well theoretically according to the news, v bloggers and many people on this forum, every day is a low crowd day at the match kingdom now. 🙂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well theoretically according to the news, v bloggers and many people on this forum, every day is a low crowd day at the match kingdom now. 🙂
Bet that sounded cute, huh?

Here’s what you should consider: a 5% drop in wdw attendance is a disaster internally…it translates to a loss of hundreds of millions of dollars in revenues annually

They just copped to a 6% drop…in a veiled sorta way…for the quarter.

People who are paid to massage numbers as much as possible for financial gain.

Disone

Bet that sounded cute, huh?

Here’s what you should consider: a 5% drop in wdw attendance is a disaster internally…it translates to a loss of hundreds of millions of dollars in revenues annually

They just copped to a 6% drop…in a veiled sorta way…for the quarter.

People who are paid to massage numbers as much as possible for financial gain.
Ok. Perhaps you thought I was going to argue? I am not. Both things can be true at the same time, I can be making light of the situation about how much everyone has talked about attendance being down, while also completely agree with your numbers above. I'm not sure why you took it personally. You shouldn't have. It was not directed at you. Nor anyone else.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok. Perhaps you thought I was going to argue? I am not. Both things can be true at the same time, I can be making light of the situation about how much everyone has talked about attendance being down, while also completely agree with your numbers above. I'm not sure why you took it personally. You shouldn't have. It was not directed at you. Nor anyone else.
You know what…I totally get you.

Except taking it personally…not at all.

I know what the deal is so it’s
Never personal.

One thing that is far too personal around here is failure to admit Disney rough patches (not you)…as if it matters to us.

Actually…it does matter..we should withhold our business more to force them to improve their offerings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom