Disney After Hours BOO BASH

pdude81

You mean, you are scared of how awesome it will be! :D
5nb5e2.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not looking for gloom - I'm looking for observations! We all can't be vacation bloggers who spend their days in the parks :)
I didn't suppose you were looking for gloom.

My point is simply that the most probably cause for no reports is because no one had complaints. That and the reduced capacity meant a lot less people actually experiencing it. There were livestreams from the usual suspects for the first few BOOdahs.

brettf22

Premium Member
I actually did last Sunday’s Boo Bash, even though the previous week’s crowds were extremely low. I’m much more of a ride and ambience person at the parks. Entertainment is great, but not something I usually go out of my way to catch.

With that preface in mind, I had an excellent time at Boo Bash. MK at night is spectacular. I got to the park around 7:30. I kept track, and was able to get on 17 rides from 7:30-midnight. To me, it was nice to see a bit of entertainment here and there. IMO, the biggest negative was the odd dance-party music choices.

Was it worth the money? Well, the three ice cream bars and 4 sodas I consumed have an in park value of about $3,765, so that’s a positive. But, at the end of the day, it was worth it to me. Of course, this was a last minute splurge since I changed from on to offsite (since there was almost no incentive to stay onsite). At the end of the day, Disney got a lot less of my money this trip. I’m not sure that’s their intent.

My single biggest issue with it continues to be the fact that I used to be able to have a similar experience without paying extra for it. When MK was routinely open until 1am, the park cleared out fairly soon after fireworks. The experience was almost identical to Boo Bash (minus the “free” ice cream and soda). But, that time is past. Disney has learned they can get folks (oh, sorry, I mean “friends”) to pay twice. Such is life.

Ben_since_1971

My .02: I have never done a MNSSHP, but several MVMCP. I attended the Boo Bash last Friday (9/10). I had a great time, enjoyed the short waits, and the free snacks (I honestly think I did eat $139 worth of ice cream sandwiches ;)). I saw Maleficent roll through Liberty Square, and did see the Mickey and Minnie cavalcade. I trick or treated at the goodie stations. I got the hitchhiking ghost and headless horsemen magic shots. Like I said - I had fun.

But I doubt I will do it again next year. This truly was an after hours event with a nod towards Halloween, which was my expectations going in, and they were met. Now if they add some more Halloween to it, I might be tempted. But I get enough of the parks using my @lentesta plans during the day I don't really need an after hours event.

FWIW - no way would I pay what they are asking for the Holiday AH event. Even though it appears to be more holiday than AH, I have 'been there done that' with MVMCP to justify spending what they are asking for this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom