News Blue and gold color scheme arrives at the Transportation and Ticket Center

Skywise

The new color looks so much better than the old in my opinion. What a nice glow-up.
I dunno... I was never fond of the old purple either but I'm not sure this is any better - About the same for me but I think I just don't think much of the signage overall. Was this the original signage when Epcot opened? I did a little googling but can't seem to find any others.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I dunno... I was never fond of the old purple either but I'm not sure this is any better - About the same for me but I think I just don't think much of the signage overall. Was this the original signage when Epcot opened? I did a little googling but can't seem to find any others.
It looks great! Can’t wait to see it in person! :)

vikescaper

I'm serious though - are there any pics of the original signage? I don't think it started that way did it?
I was watching @marni1971’s transportation video and there is footage of the old ferry sign. I’m assuming the monorail signage at the TTC was the same.

Attachments

• 11BFFB3C-5A8D-4381-B8BB-876393F548F9.png
    11BFFB3C-5A8D-4381-B8BB-876393F548F9.png
    485.8 KB · Views: 108

zarpman

Not sure of the exact year, but the Transportation and Ticket Center colors were meant to match the Disney road signs when the "Disney Transport" brand was introduced (1989 I think, but I'm open for correction). That's also when the buses and trams moved from the orange and brown colors.

Now that the buses have moved on, it's time for the TTC to change as well. Unfortunately, it's going to take more than some character wraps to dress this area up. Maybe some classic topiaries? It doesn't need to be flashy; it just needs to not look dated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom