Need Skyliner or train between EPCOT & Port Orleans ASAP!

Hitchens

Original Poster
Hey Disney, I want a Skyliner or
some sort of cool, attractive, very high capacity trains
between the nearby (as the love bugs fly) Port Orleans resorts and EPCOT,
and I would have this suddenly performed.

To quote Wallace Shawn's character in The Princess Bride, "I'M WAITING."

Since you are surprisingly obeying me, also have a Black Panther (or Jungle Book or whatever) inspired train between the Animal Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

mf1972

heck...i’m still waiting for port orleans to reopen. that would be a nice option to have. i don’t see it happening since they have the boat transportation option for DS already. but if they did it, i can see the skyliner also going to HS as well.

Sandersfeld

port orleans already my fav place to stay., a skyliner would be the best.. would be interesting the see the guest capacities for each resort and what the typical guest numbers are for each resort,,, the number of guests may have an influence on the transportation offers

JIMINYCR

We always look forward to adding the boat ride to DS several times during or stay. The Skyliner certainly would be a nicely added element. But how much money is Disney willing to spend extending the reach of the Skyliner further out?

Grace1626

Since you are surprisingly obeying me, also have a Black Panther (or Jungle Book or whatever) inspired train between the Animal Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
A train! That would so fit in with the theme of Port Orleans, and it could loop past OKW as well, then over to Epcot. A Skyliner, not so much.

Skibum1970

A train to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom would be better since the bus ride to/from Epcot is a quick trip. Skyliner would be a nice ride, though, for Port Orleans. The cabs could be themed to look like carriages and the station would be between the two resorts (maybe a little closer to POR). They could use the golf carts to transport people with mobility issues.

LovePop

I want a walkway. Maybe a tunnel, like the one Harry Potter uses to get to Hogsmeade. It can connect French Quarter to Wonder parking lot, where people can ride the tram to the front. It won't cost too much to build or maintain, and it can be nicely decorated to look like something.

mergatroid

I want a walkway. Maybe a tunnel, like the one Harry Potter uses to get to Hogsmeade. It can connect French Quarter to Wonder parking lot, where people can ride the tram to the front. It won't cost too much to build or maintain, and it can be nicely decorated to look like something.

Probably more chance of that happening than anything else.

Robbiem

I think its a great idea. Something like old key west, port orleans EPCOT line maybe connecting to a port orleans, saratoga springs, disney springs line would be a great way to connect those areas. Especially as you’d also connect to the Epcot monorail with most traffic in the counter peak direction (to TTC am then back in the PM)

Hitchens

Original Poster
I'd love a walkway -- a tunnel sounds claustrophobic. Bridges with stairs & ramps that aren't steep could go over the roads or, better yet, elevators for people in wheelchairs.

I expect that the walkway between the Grand Floridian & the Magic Kingdom will be more popular than expected. Some control freaks like me prefer using our feet.

COrunner

I have always liked French Quarter, Riverside was too expansive for my taste.

The skyliner would definitely be awesome addition to the resorts. Which between skyliner/monorail would open Epcot, HS, MK.

jaklgreen

I can see one in between the 2 resorts, not just POFQ specifically. That resort is not big enough to justify adding a new transportation. But together they might be, especially if you add a line to SSR. I don't think that they will add any more skyliners though. There have been too many incident and that makes people nervous, not to mention all of those that will not go on them because of height issues. I think they would get too much push back having the skyliner at almost all of the moderate resorts. It would alienate too many people.

lunchbox1175

I think its a great idea. Something like old key west, port orleans EPCOT line maybe connecting to a port orleans, saratoga springs, disney springs line would be a great way to connect those areas. Especially as you’d also connect to the Epcot monorail with most traffic in the counter peak direction (to TTC am then back in the PM)
This is an awesome idea....someone on here has to be one of those Disney Map geniuses that can show how this will work!

ppete1975

horrible idea!!!!!
mainly cause its my favorite hotel and i dont want it to become more popular and theyd prob raise prices even more on it..

yes im selfish :)

ppete1975

to bad they didnt just use the monorail to every hotel, or a covered people mover style thing (cost now would be way too much) but if thought ahead of time and used when planning where to put hotels it could have been done

Robbiem

to bad they didnt just use the monorail to every hotel, or a covered people mover style thing (cost now would be way too much) but if thought ahead of time and used when planning where to put hotels it could have been done
this to me is one of the biggest mistakes of the resort - when you look at Walt's plans from the epcot film to what was built its such a shame the transport was never built out to stop the growth in road traffic. The original resort did a good job with the MK resorts and campground etc but it really started to decline when the village area was used for resort guests and grew worse from the late 80's onward as the number of resorts balooned and monorail / boat access to the parks was seen as a deluxe resort perk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom