Anyone Know What This Means On Grand Avenue?

AdmiralBoom

Original Poster
I was in Hollywood Studios the other day, and saw tucked away right before the Galaxy's Edge entrance on Grand Avenue was this J+S heart. I know a lot of these kinds of things are subtle nods or easter eggs to other things/Imagineers. I've researched far and wide and can't figure it out! Is it some grand and miraculous hidden reference or is it just a J and S?

Does anyone have any ideas? (or facts 🤣)

Attachments

• JS1.jpg
    JS1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 221
  • JS2.jpg
    JS2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 198

Pepper's Ghost

This is so open to interpretation, but I'll take a stab... Joh Yowza + Sy Snootles??
j+s.gif

Just thinking this because Jabba's Palace is located on Tatooine which GE is based on.

AdmiralBoom

Original Poster
It's on the Muppets/Grand Avenue side... so my gut is thinking maybe it could be some kind of Muppets or 'Streets of America' reference... but again, I'm stumped.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I was in Hollywood Studios the other day, and saw tucked away right before the Galaxy's Edge entrance on Grand Avenue was this J+S heart. I know a lot of these kinds of things are subtle nods or easter eggs to other things/Imagineers. I've researched far and wide and can't figure it out! Is it some grand and miraculous hidden reference or is it just a J and S?

Does anyone have any ideas? (or facts 🤣)
If I had to guess. Given that Sweetums is one of the major characters in the show.

John Henson, was the son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson. He was a shareholder and board member of the Jim Henson Company and was a puppeteer for The Muppets, playing the role of Sweetums between 1992 and 2003.

Pepper's Ghost

It's on the Muppets/Grand Avenue side... so my gut is thinking maybe it could be some kind of Muppets or 'Streets of America' reference... but again, I'm stumped.
Just looked at the location of where the heart would be based on your pics in Google Maps. Definitely might be Muppets related since it's around back the Muppet Vision 3D building.

Chicken Guy

I can’t tell if this a joke going over my head or not. Isn’t that just some chalk writing from a couple who was having an intimate moment in the park?

JIMINYCR

100 Percent Real. Etched in the Concrete. It has to mean something right?!
YES, Disney doesnt add a detail without purpose. It has to signify something. Especially when its in an area where guests will notice it and its highlighted with a heart around it. Some insider has to know who its related to. Come on now ... dont keep us in suspense.

JoeCamel

YES, Disney doesnt add a detail without purpose. It has to signify something. Especially when its in an area where guests will notice it and its highlighted with a heart around it. Some insider has to know who its related to. Come on now ... dont keep us in suspense.
I would think this could attract copycat graffiti ala the "locks of love" on bridges

JIMINYCR

I would think this could attract copycat graffiti ala the "locks of love" on bridges
Disney has multiple items drawn on various buildings and so far there hasnt been mass graffiti break outs being drawn by guests on the walls. But who knows, anythings possible with how people mistreat Disney property these days.

crbrown25

Janice + Sam?...Sam the Eagle has a crush on Janice in the recent ABC version of the The Muppets. Is it possible it was added in the concrete since 2015ish when that episode aired? Or was his crush part of the show even before the recent version of the show? 🧐🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom