WDW Buses

JoMarch

Original Poster
Hi!

I apologize if this was answered in a past post.

I’m returning to WDW after a year, how is the resort bus situation to and from the parks?

Before the pandemic mornings and nights, the busses used to be jam packed.

Are the buses still allowed to be jam packed like before? If not, how do they get everyone to their destination in a (somewhat) timely manner?

DisneyJoe

Hi!

I’m returning to WDW after a year, how is the resort bus situation to and from the parks?

Are the buses still allowed to be jam packed like before? If not, how do they get everyone to their destination in a (somewhat) timely manner?
They have numbered seat groupings on the Disney buses with partitions. No one stands.

They run more buses, they use charter buses to supplement when buses and/or drivers are needed.

buckeyegator

i know they still run busses from pop and aoa, even with the skyliner, just not as many, hopefully they were added to other resort runs to cut down on wait times.

buckeyegator

yes it is a real problem with busses when the skyliner goes down, they have to be scrambled from other routes, best bet from mid june to mid september if staying on a skyliner route is busses after about 2pm when the storms usually begin.

Penny’s Dad

We rode the bus to and from Epcot from the Polly two different days in mid January. There were plenty of extra seats and we did not have to wait very long either. We were not going close to park opening or closing though.

JustAFan

Hi!

I was there a few weeks ago. At that time, they had plexiglass dividers between seat sections and a few seats marked unavailable. They didn't allow standing in the aisles like before. When all the available seating was filled, the bus doors were closed and moved on. This occasionally left a line waiting for the next bus.

NelleBelle

Can’t speak for other resorts, but bus service BACK from the parks to YC was terrible!! We waited 45 minutes at MK to get a bus and once we did, we sat there waiting for another 15 minutes. We were all asking each other what we were waiting for and the driver snapped he was waiting for his relief driver to show up and that he was late. Someone asked what happens if he doesn’t show—driver said we’d all have to get off and wait for another bus😱😱 So we all started saying we could go to the Boardwalk’s bus stop and hood to our resort. At the point, the driver slammed his back back back into the secure hold and we took off. I felt really bad for the guy not getting his break and told him so as I thanked him on our way off the bus.

At AK we waited 35 min while we watched some resorts get 2 buses, some buses coming by with no one in the resort queue!!

We did have one excellent bus experience when we were leaving Contemporary at 10:30pm. Buses from MK had stopped running so we were going to have to go to Epcot and walk back to YC. An empty bus pulled up and asked where we were going. I told him YC by way of walking through Epcot. He must’ve noticed my mom’s bad walking as when we boarded, he said, “I hope you don’t mind if I take you straight to YC?” It was an answered prayer and a bit of Disney Magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom