july 4th and return to normal.

Poseidon Quest

No, it's going to be a mess. The Haunted Mansion line is often out to Pecos Bill. Where are they going to fit it? Are they going to start intertwining it with the line for Big Thunder Mountain?

With the rise in COVID cases despite a rise in vaccinations, it really looks to be a bit early to be raising capacity numbers, even in July.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I agree with the consensus so far. Just way too early. So much is up in the air. If we see another surge in cases regardless of vaccination levels, I can't see them opening up fully, let alone "return to normal". Normal means maskless. I don't see that happening in 2021 to be honest, even if crowd levels return.

I'm oddly optimistic that before summer ends masks will be gone.
I'm definitely preparing myself for being required to wear one for my late August trip but also hoping that I don't have to.
I live in the Buffalo NY area and cases were going up for about 3 weeks but seem like maybe the are leveling off and will start going back down.
I really think that this "wave" will not be as high or as devastating and then things will start turning around quickly.

Pepper's Ghost

I'm definitely preparing myself for being required to wear one for my late August trip but also hoping that I don't have to.
I live in the Buffalo NY area and cases were going up for about 3 weeks but seem like maybe the are leveling off and will start going back down.
I really think that this "wave" will not be as high or as devastating and then things will start turning around quickly.
Love the optimism! Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right, but my career has trained me to expect the worst. 😁 I feel that even though I wasn't as optimistic as you, I didn't follow my training because opening fully by mid-year with masks is definitely not the worst case scenario. Worst case is in the ballpark of vaccines only lasting 6-months give or take and the entire population has to get re-vaccinated before winter. I don't think that's realistic though. Maybe annual re-vaccinating, but we really don't know yet.

JIMINYCR

Its wishful thinking that things will be returning to mostly normal by summer. As much as things are looking promising with vaccinations on the rise, I think Disney and other sites with large numbers of guests will be hesitant to drop covid policies that soon. They will want more proof that the vacc programs are holding the virus down and nothing occurs in the form of variants that cant be contained. Its can be in their interest to start increasing guest numbers but still play it safe while further evaluation of how life is moving on. For a bit longer there will be restrictions.

DisneyJoe

to me july 4th is a great day to return fireworks, parades, showing our country is almost back to normal, predict at least 50%, if not more capacity,re-opening of resorts and food venues shuttered now.
IMHO.

Capacity is likely to be raised, slightly.

Harmonious may begin by July 4? Perhaps, more likely by October 1.

I don't think you will see any scheduled fireworks or parades due to crowds forming and waiting for 60 minutes or more, not this summer.

Weather_Lady

We're visiting in late August as well (from the same part of the country -- we're east of Rochester, NY). I think masks will still be required for most things at WDW throughout the summer even if every eligible person has had their chance at a vaccine by then -- mainly because WDW seems to be purposefully placing itself behind the curve and maintaining tougher restrictions than other venues -- but I like your optimism and hope that you are right!

PostScott

At the beginning when the parks reopened, lines were super short because park capacity was super small but smaller than ride capacities. Now that park capacity has been increased, ride capacity still is limited and now park capacity has grown so much that lines has grown because ride capacity can't be increased anymore.

If the parks want to increase park capacity, they have to increase ride/queue capacity but that means they'll have to fill every row. So either they place plexi-glass barriers and taint the ride experience or throw the covid limitations out the window. I think for the time being, park capacity won't increase until covid restrictions get better.

ppete1975

America on Parade confirmed ;)

1618516283996.png

Lilofan

No, it's going to be a mess. The Haunted Mansion line is often out to Pecos Bill. Where are they going to fit it? Are they going to start intertwining it with the line for Big Thunder Mountain?

With the rise in COVID cases despite a rise in vaccinations, it really looks to be a bit early to be raising capacity numbers, even in July.
It is a mess already. Resorts Such as CBR, CSR slammed with guests some waiting in until 7pm to check into their rooms. Check in is advertised at 3pm.

bdearl41

At the beginning when the parks reopened, lines were super short because park capacity was super small but smaller than ride capacities. Now that park capacity has been increased, ride capacity still is limited and now park capacity has grown so much that lines has grown because ride capacity can't be increased anymore.

If the parks want to increase park capacity, they have to increase ride/queue capacity but that means they'll have to fill every row. So either they place plexi-glass barriers and taint the ride experience or throw the covid limitations out the window. I think for the time being, park capacity won't increase until covid restrictions get better.
This makes me think by the 50th it’s really their goal to be at 100%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom