Luggage Help!

NelleBelle

Original Poster
So it looks like I may have bought too many souvenirs this trip. We leave for home on Friday and I don’t think I’ll have enough space weight limit-wise. Any recommendations where to buy extra luggage?? Preferably without having to hire a ride-share (but I’ll do it if I really need to). Mortified I have so much to take home! DH will not be happy 🤦‍♀️

Worldlover71

Luggage is available in many shops on property. If you are staying on-site, it might be as close as your hotel gift shop. If they don't have it or if you are staying off-site, head to World of Disney at Disney Springs. It's going to be pricey, so it might be cheaper to get a rideshare to the local Target.

nickys

Premium Member
So it looks like I may have bought too many souvenirs this trip. We leave for home on Friday and I don’t think I’ll have enough space weight limit-wise. Any recommendations where to buy extra luggage?? Preferably without having to hire a ride-share (but I’ll do it if I really need to). Mortified I have so much to take home! DH will not be happy 🤦‍♀️
I’d use it as the perfect excuse to buy one of those cute little wheelie cases with Mickey &/or Minnie on them from one of the park or resort stores.

eliza61nyc

I"m going to second either @CaptainAmerica or @Smiley/OCD .
The only issue with buying another piece of luggage is do you really need it? after you get the stuff home will it be useful. I've got more carryon's, 21 inches and such now than I know what to do with.
Will you use the suitcase again.
Forgive me, I'm in this serious decluttering mode

G00fyDad

I"m going to second either @CaptainAmerica or @Smiley/OCD .
The only issue with buying another piece of luggage is do you really need it? after you get the stuff home will it be useful. I've got more carryon's, 21 inches and such now than I know what to do with.
Will you use the suitcase again.
Forgive me, I'm in this serious decluttering mode

We plan for this sort of thing. When we pack for the trip I use a medium suitcase to pack my stuff into since I can pack it pretty tight and a medium case is fine for me. Then I place that inside the larger suitcase and fly to Disney. On the way home I now have an extra case to fly home with for items I bought. ;)

Weather_Lady

Unless the items you've purchased need especially careful handling, I'd second the recommendation to opt for an inexpensive backpack (as @CaptainAmerica suggested), a tote that zips at the top (I have a nylon L.L. Bean beach bag that folds down to nothing that we like to bring to use for trips to the hotel pool, and then use as a "personal item" for souvenirs on the plane ride home -- I know many in-park shops at WDW carry similar bags), or a collapsible duffel. They'll be lighter to carry, less expensive to buy, and you can easily fold them up and toss them in your luggage to bring along next time, in case this happens again.

Last edited:

crawale

When you used to be able to check in luggage from your hotel we found that after weighing the suitcases we could move things around and be OK weight wise. Not sure if hotels still have those scales - have called and got both answers - yes and no - so we are taking a little suitcase scale - $6 from Amazon. If you are a passholder you can use your discount on the luggage if you buy from any Dsiney related store. Don't know what airline you are traveling on but you'll maybe have to pay for the extra suitcase as checked in luggage.

Smiley/OCD

We plan for this sort of thing. When we pack for the trip I use a medium suitcase to pack my stuff into since I can pack it pretty tight and a medium case is fine for me. Then I place that inside the larger suitcase and fly to Disney. On the way home I now have an extra case to fly home with for items I bought. ;)
Yes, and on the trip home, you have an extra piece of checked luggage that you have to pay for, carry to/from the airport and home. Did you ever see the people loading and unloading your luggage at the airport? IDK, I'd rather pay Disney to ship it home and if the items arrive damaged, they replace them with no questions asked.

G00fyDad

Yes, and on the trip home, you have an extra piece of checked luggage that you have to pay for, carry to/from the airport and home. Did you ever see the people loading and unloading your luggage at the airport? IDK, I'd rather pay Disney to ship it home and if the items arrive damaged, they replace them with no questions asked.

I never said I just tossed snowglobes in a bag with no care in the world about their safety. Only non breakable things go in there. and it is surrounded by clothing (clean clothes after washing them. We don't take dirty clothes home.) so they stay insulated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom