News Disney World Cast Members being recalled to work as Disney prepares to boost capacity for the summer

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Are the parks still at 35%? I would imagine MK just got a boost today with the re-opening of the PeopleMover.
I know PM has the potential to add a lot of hourly ride capacity but I don’t imagine it’s helping capacity in terms of physical distancing much. 32 trains and my observation watching a number of ride videos yesterday was that they’re sending out maybe 6 people per train on average right now, loading 2 parties per train. So that’s roughly 200 people on the ride. The metal part of the queue that had previously been inaccessible holds maybe 150 more people (distanced)? So we have only opened up enough space for perhaps 350 guests to be admitted, or about 1% more than previous.

Even in its distanced format the TTA PM should still eat 1150 guests per hour, which will be nice.

grimb168

No college program, international program or seasonal cast members. The seasonal cast were the members who picked up extra shifts from full/part timers. We still have cast members working many extra hours without time off. Looking forward to getting a call for seasonal work.

HauntedMansionFLA

No college program, international program or seasonal cast members. The seasonal cast were the members who picked up extra shifts from full/part timers. We still have cast members working many extra hours without time off. Looking forward to getting a call for seasonal work.
They did away with seasonal cast members. They also didn’t have any Union backing to secure call back rights. Former Seasonal cast members are welcome to apply on The Disney Career web site.

TrojanUSC

I still don't understand why they did away with the seasonal CMs. They cost no money to the company and could be called to fill in during busy weeks/seasons.

TransportationGuy

Tourism Numbers are near or even above 2019 so far (at least for this weekend)

Week in and week out, travel is averaging between 75-82% of 2019’s numbers. This is an especially strong recovery considering that international travel in 2019 made of 17% of air travel through MCO. That said, this is just one reason why Disney feels very secure in demand continuing to rise throughout the rest of the year

DCBaker

Premium Member
A few new postings from today -

willtravel

A few new postings from today -

Part time. Could be hard to fill. JMO

ImperfectPixie

What a coincidence, raises to $15 per hour in Oct followed in Nov with health insurance price increases.
Health insurance increases annually...it's why my husband's boss will switch insurance companies annually if necessary (and it has been, at least in his mind).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom