News Disney World Cast Members being recalled to work as Disney prepares to boost capacity for the summer

SMRT-1Michael

I think it's super important to point out the there are still 1000s of non-union office & technical/salaried CMs still on furlough/lay-off that arent getting enough information/updates. The blogs seems to be solely focused on union/park employees as a measure of Disney "returning to normal" when that simply isnt the case. Personally, I know dozens and dozens of hourly office and salaried office CMs whove been furloughed since April 18 with no information as to their return.

Lilofan

I think it's super important to point out the there are still 1000s of non-union office & technical/salaried CMs still on furlough/lay-off that arent getting enough information/updates. The blogs seems to be solely focused on union/park employees as a measure of Disney "returning to normal" when that simply isnt the case. Personally, I know dozens and dozens of hourly office and salaried office CMs whove been furloughed since April 18 with no information as to their return.
Isn't unemployment maxed at 26 weeks in FL? If cast are furloughed for a year it must challenging for them to survive.

seascape

I am sad and sorry that anyone is out of work due to Covid19 but can't we all be happy for those who have returned to work and those being currently recalled? Yes, we can and will celebrate as more and more return and provide us with the Disney Magic.

SMRT-1Michael

I am sad and sorry that anyone is out of work due to Covid19 but can't we all be happy for those who have returned to work and those being currently recalled? Yes, we can and will celebrate as more and more return and provide us with the Disney Magic.
All i said was that we cant leave those folks out. I am happy as well that union cast are being called back and every one of them needs to be celebrated.

Last edited:

tpac24

I have been twice since the pandemic started once at the reopening in July and then again a week ago. Food options were better this time especially with the park being open later. In July we ate off property a lot Publix subs, Chipotle, and Chik Fila . The parks closed early so what else did we have to do but venture out and search for food. Oh and the Maple Street Biscuit Company was great for a quick breakfast. We could be there and back with food before our return window at our resorts QS/Mobile Order breakfast location.

Glad Disney is recalling workers and starting it's way back to fully functioning!

Weather_Lady

I still don't understand what impact FastPass has on ride capacity. One or two loading platforms exist no matter what the sign says over each line. Capacity seems limited by how long people are willing to wait.
Fastpass requires up to double capacity during each guest's FP windows (3 hours per day, per guest), because the guest is potentially "standing" in two lines at once - one virtual, and presumably an actual line or two during the same period. Simply put, FP allows guests to hit more rides in the same amount if time, so the rides need greater capacity to compensate.

CntrlFlPete

I would think it’s a mix. Some will want to return because they enjoyed working for Disney and they feel like it’s a good fit for them.

Others have already found new employment elsewhere (I know a few cm’s who have started their own businesses and are doing quite well!) and have no reason to go back.

Yes on the new small businesses! I get some pre-made meals from one such new business, not to mention the fudge the girls are making!

I think something a lot of folks forget or do not think about is the international program and the college program are not running currently. The reason I think that is important is that those are some big numbers that Disney can't currently ask to return which I assume opens up some new roles.

Lilofan

Yes on the new small businesses! I get some pre-made meals from one such new business, not to mention the fudge the girls are making!

I think something a lot of folks forget or do not think about is the international program and the college program are not running currently. The reason I think that is important is that those are some big numbers that Disney can't currently ask to return which I assume opens up some new roles.
Selling Vista Way, Commons still closed, with no college program , WDW needs to find cast willing to work these shifts regular cast don't want to work .

HauntedMansionFLA

1. I’m glad about recalls. I could tell on a recent visit that the employees are still a bit shell shocked from the labor disruptions
2. Someone clue me in on how they’re gonna control crowd control/flow?
Because “more capacity” isn’t going to work without new crowd management mechanisms. Nope.
Fill in all available seats?😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom