crysal palace, single serve or all you can eat.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
ihave seen and heard conflicting reports, anyone actually been there and is it 1 menu, or does the covid menu still exist also?

thomas998

Appetizer and desserts are all you can eat (marked as shared or "for the table"), entrees are not.

Menu is here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/crystal-palace/menus/
Well if it doesn't go back to a buffet the next time we go to Disney we won't be eating there. I can convince myself it isn't too outrageous for the money when I can get multiple entrees and have a selection of decent appetizers and sides, but what they are offering now can't be justified for the price.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Appetizer and desserts are all you can eat (marked as shared or "for the table"), entrees are not.

Menu is here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/crystal-palace/menus/

I thought maybe you saw a policy change, but where did you get that? It is not stated. The appetizers and desserts are served "family style", so I am guessing that is what shared means. We just ate there a few moths ago and we were offered seconds on the entrees, and told we could even have a different one if we wished.

Also here is a You tube Vlogger that ate there around Christmas and he confirmed the same thing.

Lilofan

This type of all u can eat can save a lot of money for the dining location in terms of food waste which is profits down the drain.

thomas998

This type of all u can eat can save a lot of money for the dining location in terms of food waste which is profits down the drain.
Not really. If I scoop the food myself I may scoop a very small portion of something because I am either not that hunger or don't know if I really want it... if someone is simply bringing me a serving of something then it's going to often be larger than what I would get and that means I'm not going to finish it.

I'm sure there are people that grab more than they can possibly eat but not everyone does it that way.

Lilofan

Not really. If I scoop the food myself I may scoop a very small portion of something because I am either not that hunger or don't know if I really want it... if someone is simply bringing me a serving of something then it's going to often be larger than what I would get and that means I'm not going to finish it.

I'm sure there are people that grab more than they can possibly eat but not everyone does it that way.
I've seen many fellow guests waste a lot of food and if the kitchen crew cooks chafing dishes of many buffet options that get all thrown out at the end of the day. Wasted food and profits lost.

thomas998

I've seen many fellow guests waste a lot of food and if the kitchen crew cooks chafing dishes of many buffet options that get all thrown out at the end of the day. Wasted food and profits lost.
Having eaten in the last time slot of a dinner buffet I don't think the kitchen is cooking too much food, in most instances if you want something you better get it quick because they will start running out of things well before the closing time.

Lilofan

Having eaten in the last time slot of a dinner buffet I don't think the kitchen is cooking too much food, in most instances if you want something you better get it quick because they will start running out of things well before the closing time.
That is one thing I try to avoid. Eating at an all u can eat close to closing time. One will be served the scraps paying full price.

Time Is Now

We ate here a few weeks ago. New menu is fantastic. Portions are huge. My party of 4 left full, and the only thing we requested more of was the bacon biscuits. I do not miss the buffet or the character greetings. I hope it stays this way post-covid. This has beaten out Skipper Canteen as our new favorite MK restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom