Hotel room issue - worth asking for a move?

Daily Magic

Original Poster
Just checked into the Yacht Club today and absolutely love walking to Epcot (our favorite park). It’s our first time staying here and we knew the price heading in but were excited for the proximity to two parks, the pool, and the amenities. That said, after about two hours in the room we are noticing some issues.

There are two shower heads in the shower and one is completely broken. It both shoots full blast and shoots water out in globs to the side making it make a mess and basically unusable. Second issue we had was the towel racks both falling off the wall. When it first happened it nearly fell on my wife’s barefoot feet. They are clearly cheap and poorly installed and despite trying to push them back together several times I took them off and placed the towels on the counter top bc it was just going to fall again and maybe hurt one of us.

Finally, and this is one of those things we all just have to deal with, we have neighbors with several loud kids that seem to think the hallway is an extension of their room. They leave their dirty clothes/shoes outside in the common hallway and are playing in the hallway during the day with no masks, blocking it for anyone else who wants to walk this way. This is one of those “I can deal with it” things but on top of the other two it has us thinking we should talk to the front desk and ask if we can be moved.

What would you do in this situation? Keep the room and ignore it or talk to the front desk to try to get a move?

slipperalwaysfits

I'd be polite and try to get the issues resolved like @Figgy1 said. However, with the showerhead issue and towel racks, I'd ask to be moved. You're paying for the room and paying a lot (even if using DVC points). I'd be polite and firm in asking for another room, explaining the issues and the fact you've paid a premium and expect a fully useable and functioning DVC/hotel room.

PrincessJasmyn

Why are you hanging out in your room for two hours?
Thats my first thought too. It would have taken me ages to notice any of these things as i would have been straigh out and exploring!!

Daily Magic, I'd still defintely talk to someone about the issues. Be polite, maybe even overly kind, express your concerns, and I'm sure Disney will look after you better than you expect.
Enjoy your stay - think of me, stuck in Australia not able to go anywhere, while you are having a great time at Disney. I am so jealous! 😂 :p

Clamman73

Without a doubt talk to front desk....I’m sure they would be accommodating...and it’s in their best interest to get the bathroom problems fixed so they don’t have to deal with it again with the next guest.

Club Cooloholic

Torrential downpours for a few hours plus it was our check in day.
I think I get where you are coming from , moving rooms can be a pain. The repairs don't seem complicated especially the showerheads so that can probably be resolved while you are out at the parks. The kids issue, is tougher. I would maybe mention to front desk that your neighbors are leaving a mess in the hallway, I am pretty sure they don't want dirty clothes and with COVID I am sure they would be willing to call the room and inform them that guests(including kids) should limit time in close public spaces. But changing rooms you might end up in an even worse spot with neighbors (loud arguing, partiers).

tpac24

Just checked into the Yacht Club today and absolutely love walking to Epcot (our favorite park). It’s our first time staying here and we knew the price heading in but were excited for the proximity to two parks, the pool, and the amenities. That said, after about two hours in the room we are noticing some issues.

There are two shower heads in the shower and one is completely broken. It both shoots full blast and shoots water out in globs to the side making it make a mess and basically unusable. Second issue we had was the towel racks both falling off the wall. When it first happened it nearly fell on my wife’s barefoot feet. They are clearly cheap and poorly installed and despite trying to push them back together several times I took them off and placed the towels on the counter top bc it was just going to fall again and maybe hurt one of us.

Finally, and this is one of those things we all just have to deal with, we have neighbors with several loud kids that seem to think the hallway is an extension of their room. They leave their dirty clothes/shoes outside in the common hallway and are playing in the hallway during the day with no masks, blocking it for anyone else who wants to walk this way. This is one of those “I can deal with it” things but on top of the other two it has us thinking we should talk to the front desk and ask if we can be moved.

What would you do in this situation? Keep the room and ignore it or talk to the front desk to try to get a move?
I was there this past week and I had the same issue with the noise. It was one of the noisiest resorts I have ever stayed in. Loved being so close to Epcot and the Skyliner but can't imagine I will ever stay there again because of the crazy noise levels.

Weather_Lady

Noise is an issue that can happen anywhere. However, if you have a non-operable showerhead and towel racks and whatnot are falling off the walls, I would absolutely request a move (or swift repairs, whatever you'd prefer). For the price you have paid, you are entitled to a room in good working order, and that's not what you were given. Give the hotel a chance to make it right, so it doesn't cast a pall over your stay.

crawale

Have you called engineering - if not why not? I find any issue is quickly resolved. Once the sprinklers came on inour room while we were gone - due to a malfunction. As soon as we returned we were moved and upgraded - a CM even helped us pack up. Issues like continually running toilets have been fixed ASAP. If they can't fix things you will be moved but try first.

ilovelabs2021

I would ABSOLUTLEY speak to the front desk about the issue in your room. Also, while I agree that noise can happen everywhere, the fact that kids are running around a common hallway with no masks when they should have them on is more of the issue for me and one I would bring to management's attention so that it can be addressed with their parents. I don't get how parents can think their kids can do whatever they want b/c it's Disney. While we relax some rules with our kids while on vacation, we would never allow our kids to do this at a Disney or any other hotel.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

It would be worth contacting the front desk about the shower and rack issues to get them repaired or if its enough of a maintenance issue theyd possibly move you to another room. In the past weve had unruly neighbors and even though weve complained, there wasnt much they did to help us. Noise, unless its very constant and to the level of being pandemonium, usually isnt enough of a reason that they would change you out. If you can get an understanding manager who has the space and wants to deliver the Disney guest satisfaction, you might get what you want. Never hurts to ask. If you dont ask then nothing will change and you will go away remembering a bad trip experience.

Nottamus

Our last stay, we had no WiFi in the room. Not slow...just dead. I could walk 3 steps away from door into hall and it was back.

called front desk after first night...they showed up early am found electronic problem in the room.
They fixed the issue IN ROOM as we were out and about....emailing me with updates almost hourly

can’t fix people, but they can surely fix a shower head and towel rack while you are out...

good luck

HouCuseChickie

I would lead from the repairs angle, but I'd definitely bring it to their attention immediately. If they move you or give you some kind of credit, even better, but either way...those things need to be fixed. You've already noted that the one showerhead is unusable, so that right there is worthy of requesting something be done. With the towel rack...those things can hurt. There's no excuse for getting hurt by things falling apart in your room. Oh, and we like downtime in the room...helps justify spending on a deluxe...so even more reason to get things fixed.

Chi84

Premium Member
We had an issue with a shower that did not work and called the front desk. They had maintenance there in less than 10 minutes and he repaired everything (included replacing the handle and some other things) while we were at the parks. It's worth a call to see what they can do.

The last time we stayed at CBR, there were some minor issues (broken dresser drawer, small leak in one faucet and some dirt on the wall). It wasn't enough to make a fuss about, but on our way out my husband went to the front desk to let them know so the issues could be fixed for the next guest. (We would have left a note for housekeeping but there was no note paper or pen). It turns out the person at the front desk was the head of housekeeping and even though we didn't request it, she credited us one night's stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom