News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

RSoxNo1

Absolutely! Remember when Chapek designed the new ridiculous Pirates Antique Road Show scene and wrote all of those painful chicken jokes for Pirates? And when Bob Chapek designed and wrote the script for the latest Imagination ride? Or when Bob wrote all of those pathetic meta jokes and designed the "Babies on a Sticks" on the Incredicoaster?!

Man, Bob Chapek is truly a terrible Imagineer.
I think there's plenty of blame to go around. But when the directive from the top is to shove IP onto every swatch of pavement, you're not going to get inspired projects. It's very easy to see what projects were forced and which ones weren't. Pixar Pier was a forced project and the results (especially on the Incredicoaster) show it.

Bocabear

Pixar Pier was forced...but also trying to make sense of a concept that was just misguided from the beginning...
After sinking 4 billion back into the park, it is now pretty decent.
DHS needed that sort of overhaul after closing and shuttering so many attractions. What they have done is OK... There were so many things they could have done that would have been better...

RSoxNo1

Oh man, remember that time Bob Chapek designed the world's first Millenium Falcon ride and spent $100M+ and wrote the story to be a boring errand to pick up cans in the dark and have somebody shouting at you the whole time?

Or how about that time that he designed the world's first Star Wars restaurant and decided to have us eat inside storage crates?

Or even worse when Bob Chapek wrote the overly complicated backstory to Guardians about using our hands to unlock something or other so that we could be yelled at throughout the pre-show and ride to "RAISE YOUR HANDS!!!".

Good lord, he is truly a terrible, incompetent Imagineer.
I know you're being sarcastic here, but here is my understanding of the things you identified...

Falcon and Galaxy's Edge in general was Trowbridge's idea to be set in the time frame it was. Knowing how Disney operates, I can't imagine it was a unilateral decision but with so much of the focus being on Episode 8 and Solo related plot points, it's pretty safe to say that was a poor choice. Thankfully, Rise of the Resistance is still an incredible attraction and the bones for Falcon are there where a new mission could largely fix that.

Regarding Mission: Breakout... I think it's a better ride than DCA's Tower. It's not as well paced, but the ride is better. Admittedly it now contributes to DCA being a bit more thematically disjointed but from a makeover standpoint, I don't really object to it.

My biggest beef with Disney right now is the direction that EPCOT is taking and I would attribute a lot of those decisions to Riddley and Chapek. Someone with more insight than me could correct me, but it definitely seems like Tom Fitzgerald was cast aside from EPCOT's redo, and I suspect it's because he disagreed with some of the direction.

RSoxNo1

Say's your opinion :rolleyes:
I think from a "guest expectation" standpoint when they hear Disney has a Star Wars land they would be surprised if the bulk of the choices were made around Episode 8 and Solo. I think it was a poor choice, and I'm guessing in hindsight, Disney has realized that as well. The good thing is, the choices were largely subtle enough outside of Falcon so that they timeline is somewhat muddled.

DreamfinderGuy

Forensic analysis time! Assuming Zach is standing at the entrance to Club Cool (which I would think he is, considering he's standing by completed floor) it is in the Southeast Quadrant. (i.e. old MouseGear, future Creations). Why? There are no exterior windows facing the East in the Northeast Quadrant (at least currently). All of those were removed in 1994. Where in the Southeast Quadrant? Well, the video is facing north, and that positions the entrance to Club Cool in the south. That means it is facing the East Breezeway. So, taking into account the fact that they want a sizeable retail area, and also the footprint of the former Club Cool, my educated guesses for where New Club Cool lands is in one (or both) of these plots, more or less.
Cool Speculation.jpg

Never underestimate my knowledge of EPCOT architecture and basic guesswork skills.

Mickeynerd17

Forensic analysis time! Assuming Zach is standing at the entrance to Club Cool (which I would think he is, considering he's standing by completed floor) it is in the Southeast Quadrant. (i.e. old MouseGear, future Creations). Why? There are no exterior windows facing the East in the Northeast Quadrant (at least currently). All of those were removed in 1994. Where in the Southeast Quadrant? Well, the video is facing north, and that positions the entrance to Club Cool in the south. That means it is facing the East Breezeway. So, taking into account the fact that they want a sizeable retail area, and also the footprint of the former Club Cool, my educated guesses for where New Club Cool lands is in one (or both) of these plots, more or less. View attachment 558969

Never underestimate my knowledge of EPCOT architecture and basic guesswork skills.
Yea, that looks right just seeing the video.

Interesting choice though considering that area was the main entrance to the gift shop. Maybe there will be another main entrance? Very interesting indeed.

J4546

Im really curious about the popcorn stand they are building right beside innovations as well. Cant wait for all of this to start coming together

DreamfinderGuy

Interesting choice though considering that area was the main entrance to the gift shop. Maybe there will be another main entrance?
There will be an entrance roughly halfway between the former two MouseGear entrances facing the plaza, and it will be recycling the old entrance to MouseGear facing Test Track. There's also very likely breezeway access, and if there isn't I would imagine you can take the main hall from Club Cool to Creations.

Mickeynerd17

There will be an entrance roughly halfway between the former two MouseGear entrances facing the plaza, and it will be recycling the old entrance to MouseGear facing Test Track. There's also very likely breezeway access, and if there isn't I would imagine you can take the main hall from Club Cool to Creations.
Yea, I noticed the new doorway in the glass. Its just odd because it doesn't look like there will be a breezeway with that new roof. I'm probably just getting wigged out from the scaffolding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom