Creations Shop opening this summer

TikibirdLand

Despite the somewhat vapid 'statements' made by 'The Zach', as a EPCOT Center fan there is some real satisfaction in seeing this space have some of its original design elements returned.
The floor to ceiling windows an example.

Just goes to show you how foreward thinking the original designers were and how 'perfect' the original design intent was for that building.
Such a idiotic move to remove the 'twin'.....just image what could have been done with it.

-
Sadly, he can't do that to Communicore...

jt04

Despite the somewhat vapid 'statements' made by 'The Zach', as a EPCOT Center fan there is some real satisfaction in seeing this space have some of its original design elements returned.
The floor to ceiling windows an example.

Just goes to show you how foreward thinking the original designers were and how 'perfect' the original design intent was for that building.
Such a idiotic move to remove the 'twin'.....just image what could have been done with it.

-

Decades of efforts failed. Maybe failure was intrinsic to the design. Most people just treated the Communicore buildings as obstacles to their intended destinations.

Restaurants and shopping were the only concepts that worked well in these structures with few exceptions. Very few.

Last edited:

Father Robinson

Serious question, since CS and CC are supposedly set to open this summer, what are we thinking the view outside the front windows will be? Construction City or... Seems like they're going gangbusters with the building itself but outside seems to be getting worse. Do we think whenit opens it'll be a situation where for a while the entrance will be in the rear and they'll block the front (open concept/natural light/ floor-to-ceiling windows..) with construction walls?

jt04

Serious question, since CS and CC are supposedly set to open this summer, what are we thinking the view outside the front windows will be? Construction City or... Seems like they're going gangbusters with the building itself but outside seems to be getting worse. Do we think whenit opens it'll be a situation where for a while the entrance will be in the rear and they'll block the front (open concept/natural light/ floor-to-ceiling windows..) with construction walls?

My guess is they will install scrims. But views of the activity with information placards and concept art would be more interesting.

James Alucobond

I assume much will remain blocked until the restaurant is complete, but I'd expect them to want to push the construction walls back by that point at the latest. From the concept art, it looks like much of the plaza immediately outside of building will be planters and pathways, so they should be able to assemble those quickly, pushing the walls back to at least Dreamer's Point and the smaller central fountain assuming that's still in the plans. Once those are done, they can push back the walls to just surround Journey of Water and the event lawn, the latter of which may be able to happen in tandem since it also won't require major construction at this point.

Father Robinson

I assume much will remain blocked until the restaurant is complete, but I'd expect them to want to push the construction walls back by that point at the latest. From the concept art, it looks like much of the plaza immediately outside of building will be planters and pathways, so they should be able to assemble those quickly, pushing the walls back to at least Dreamer's Point and the smaller central fountain assuming that's still in the plans. Once those are done, they can push back the walls to just surround Journey of Water and the event lawn, the latter of which may be able to happen in tandem since it also won't require major construction at this point.
God, the slowness of the spine progress is unimaginable.

Father Robinson

Like the castle hub project there are a lot of layers. Plus recent revisions.
I remember being there in 2014 and the hub was all torn up. My trip in 2016 everything was beautiful and done. I understand the whole pandemic delay, but man, this is a brutal wait.

Last edited:

jt04

I remember being there in 2014 and the hub was all torn up. My trip in 2016 everything was beautiful and done. I understand the whole pandemic delay, but man, this is a brutal wait.

Mostly they are focusing available funding to those projects they are able to complete by Oct 1st. At Epcot that means the new store, SSE lighting and very expensive new fireworks show.

Epcot will pick up next fiscal year for its 40th anniversary. Guardians, Journey of H2O and spine project.

IMO.

aladdin2007

Mostly they are focusing available funding to those projects they are able to complete by Oct 1st. At Epcot that means the new store the zach mart = meh, SSE lighting expense that could have been used better elsewhere,,,, and very unnecessary and overly expensive new fireworks show.

Epcot will pick up next fiscal year for its 40th anniversary. Guardians, Journey of H2O and spine project. the two latter questionable and a sad misdirection of money.

IMO.
fixed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom