Creations Shop opening this summer

Little Green Men

Maybe they were installed recently? How much are they used in the park? Are they used as much as they were then? If they are stuck on some other sign off to the side it really will not feel the same. Maybe I am just being too nostalgic for the old EPCOT.
They're adding them slowly but surely. On the new entrance flags, on signage at the seas, different parts of TT, etc.

Haymarket2008

Maybe they were installed recently? How much are they used in the park? Are they used as much as they were then? If they are stuck on some other sign off to the side it really will not feel the same. Maybe I am just being too nostalgic for the old EPCOT.

They will only continue to be used more and more as the overhaul continues. Major ramping up of them being used like they used to be.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Wow for a guy who claims to be the EPCOT Expert he sure seems to have a lack of knowledge about the history...
1624023090802.png

1624023329005.png

Someone should send him @marni1971 video... I know Zach is busy so maybe just fast forward to 5:49?
CommuniCore Windows.png

EDIT: Added additional quote form Zach's dumb post. Seriously I am ashamed to share the same name as this guy!

trainplane3

Wow for a guy who claims to be the EPCOT Expert he sure seems to have a lack of knowledge about the history...View attachment 564607

Someone should send him @marni1971 video... I know Zach is busy so maybe just fast forward to 5:49?
View attachment 564608
That specific sentence confused me. Windows don't limit the view inside or outside. Is he getting confused about Innoventions?
Also "To get glass this large we had to get creative". Like...you place a special order for specific dimensions? Am I missing something here?

lazyboy97o

That specific sentence confused me. Windows don't limit the view inside or outside. Is he getting confused about Innoventions?
Also "To get glass this large we had to get creative". Like...you place a special order for specific dimensions? Am I missing something here?
There are three different types of exterior glass wall: storefront, window wall and curtain wall. What differentials them is how they shed water and their size limitations. To confuse matters more, in general conversation it’s not uncommon to see all three terms used interchangeably. Storefront is what you see in most basic storefronts often about 12’ tall at most. Window wall gets into taller floor to ceiling applications (see the Swan Box), and curtain wall is the big multi-story glass walls you see on almost every tall office building built in the past 60 years. These are very general rules of thumb but typically how they are used.

The size of the glass in these systems is determined by a variety of factors, the strength of the system being used (bigger “frames” allow bigger glass), the wind loads and the type of glass being used (in the case of floor to ceiling glass you typically need some sort of safety glass, tempered or laminated). This though can all be augmented by additional structure that supports the glazing system and allows for larger pieces of glass. There have also been some amazing advances in engineering where even in Florida with its higher wind loads you can get exterior butt glazing (where there is no metal “frame” between two pieces of glass, just some sealant).

In this case it looks like they concealed the sills, jambs and head of the glazing system (can’t tell if it is window wall or curtain wall, but I’d guess curtain wall given the size) and used small intermediate mullions. This definitely does require some solid detailing work on the park of the third party architect as the glazing system is designed to be the exterior and shed water, so you have to deal with that if you cover it up.

hpyhnt 1000

The WDI PR department exposed again.
No kidding. It is funny how thezach's Instagram posts keep evolving even after they're publicly posted. I guess just like Disneyland, they're never completed.

That said, long overdue to get all that glass uncovered - great to see. But it's a shame we only get to see it happen to one half of the complex.

Minnesota disney fan

Is this new Creations shop Anything like MouseGear???? I loved the old Mousegear. It was my go to shop if I couldn't find something I wanted. I always found it at Mousegear! I loved wandering around that store. I just hope the new one is just as good!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No kidding. It is funny how thezach's Instagram posts keep evolving even after they're publicly posted. I guess just like Disneyland, they're never completed.

That said, long overdue to get all that glass uncovered - great to see. But it's a shame we only get to see it happen to one half of the complex.

I’m quickly realizing that 99.9% of those who respond to THEZach’s postings, drooling over the buzzword bingo drivel posted, are clueless, and thus the exact people TDO wants in the parks. Those who accept anything they do as awesome and are willing to shell out big money for what many around here consider a lesser experience. With age and experience comes wisdom. Can’t fault them for not being born and have experienced EPCOT Center, but can fault them for not caring in the least about what was there before.

*Q*

Figments Friend

Despite the somewhat vapid 'statements' made by 'The Zach', as a EPCOT Center fan there is some real satisfaction in seeing this space have some of its original design elements returned.
The floor to ceiling windows an example.

Just goes to show you how foreward thinking the original designers were and how 'perfect' the original design intent was for that building.
Such a idiotic move to remove the 'twin'.....just image what could have been done with it.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom