Creations Shop opening this summer

Minnesota disney fan

Well, I personally didn't see the problem with "Mouse Gear", but I still welcome the new changes anyway. Concept art looks fantastic!
I didn't really see anything wrong with it either. It was my very favorite store in all disney world. I could always find exactly what I was looking for there, even after looking in the shops in all the other parks. I just loved that store. I hope the new one is bigger and better:)

Haymarket2008

Is it assumed that they have held off on announcing the Electric Umbrella replacement because of Covid restriction uncertainty?

I would venture to guess that it will be well on its way to completion after Creations/Club Cool reopen because of all the work they are doing on the building as a whole.

Magic Feather

Is it assumed that they have held off on announcing the Electric Umbrella replacement because of Covid restriction uncertainty?

I would venture to guess that it will be well on its way to completion after Creations/Club Cool reopen because of all the work they are doing on the building as a whole.
New QS is *maybe* done by Holiday Season.

I do wonder what the plan is for walls when Creations and eventually the QS open up. Will some kind of walkway be available all around the building, or will it be the same setup as the present with shop entry out of FW E? In theory, a part of the new central pathway could be done when the QS opens, but who knows if that will happen.

Haymarket2008

I do wonder what the plan is for walls when Creations and eventually the QS open up. Will some kind of walkway be available all around the building, or will it be the same setup as the present with shop entry out of FW E? In theory, a part of the new central pathway could be done when the QS opens, but who knows if that will happen.

I was thinking the same thing...will those brand new open windows look out onto an immediate placement of construction walls? Time will tell.

The popcorn cart area that is being built seems like it will connect to the inner part of World Celebration so maybe they can get the landscaping and walkways on that side ready.

castlecake2.0

I’m thinking they’ll want some sort of central path available before they start having nighttime shows again? The current set up doesn’t lead to the greatest exit experience.

UNCgolf

I actually think the shop looks really slick and I appreciate the retro feel. It’s not perfect but it feels more like CommuniCore than Mouse Gear ever did.

Am I thinking of a different place? I thought the concept art made it look like a department store designed by Apple rather than anything retro. Very similar to the World of Disney, actually. I didn't have any love for MouseGear either, though (other than Dreamfinder's vessel).

The name is the worst part (not relevant to the store design but can't help but mention it). I think the only thing less imaginative would be if they'd just called it "EPCOT Store".

Sir_Cliff

Am I thinking of a different place? I thought the concept art made it look like a department store designed by Apple rather than anything retro. Very similar to the World of Disney, actually. I didn't have any love for MouseGear either, though (other than Dreamfinder's vessel).

The name is the worst part (not relevant to the store design but can't help but mention it). I think the only thing less imaginative would be if they'd just called it "EPCOT Store".
I also see a bit of a retro vibe in that it embraces a fairly clean, minimalist aesthetic with large open spaces and an emphasis on windows and natural sunlight as opposed to the cluttered, enclosed MouseGear. The similarly with the Apple stores is in part because Apple has embraced those same aesthetics for their stores and the brand's transitive properties have probably helped to enhance the sense those aesthetics are modern or cutting edge.

I know I've said this before, but something along the lines of an Apple Store honestly seems appropriate for the location. If anything, that goes back more to the original spirit of EPCOT Center than what they've been doing with the space over the past few decades. I honestly don't know what would count as "themed retail" beyond something sleek and modern for this location.

UNCgolf

I know I've said this before, but something along the lines of an Apple Store honestly seems appropriate for the location. If anything, that goes back more to the original spirit of EPCOT Center than what they've been doing with the space over the past few decades. I honestly don't know what would count as "themed retail" beyond something sleek and modern for this location.

It's not really about needing a theme. It's that it looks like a store you'd walk into at a relatively high end mall anywhere in the US. There are stores that look almost exactly like it all over the place. You could show me a picture of that concept art and tell me it was for one of any number of stores here in Atlanta and I'd believe you because they look essentially the same.

World of Disney has the same problem. The generic look combined with the fact that all stores now sell roughly the same merchandise seems like it would cause a drag on overall sales -- I know I skip most stores at Disney now because I know they're not selling anything I can't get elsewhere and since there's now so little that's unique about most of them there's just no reason to even step inside.

I'm sure it hasn't, though, or they wouldn't keep doing it. Unless the cost savings from selling a smaller variety of merchandise and buying it in gigantic quantities increase profit margins enough to outweigh any decrease in revenue (although a revenue decrease is unlikely too if only because of how many more people visit WDW now than in the past).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's not really about needing a theme. It's that it looks like a store you'd walk into at a relatively high end mall anywhere in the US. There are stores that look almost exactly like it all over the place. You could show me a picture of that concept art and tell me it was for one of any number of stores here in Atlanta and I'd believe you because they look essentially the same.

World of Disney has the same problem. The generic look combined with the fact that all stores now sell roughly the same merchandise seems like it would cause a drag on overall sales -- I know I skip most stores at Disney now because I know they're not selling anything I can't get elsewhere and since there's now so little that's unique about most of them there's just no reason to even step inside.

I'm sure it hasn't, though, or they wouldn't keep doing it. Unless the cost savings from selling a smaller variety of merchandise and buying it in gigantic quantities increase profit margins enough to outweigh any decrease in revenue (although a revenue decrease is unlikely too if only because of how many more people visit WDW now than in the past).

Too many John and Jane Public’s have to buy little Johnny and Susie the overpriced crap from their once-in-a-lifetime trip. And too many others are completely blinded by the pixie dust. They don’t care how much money they blow on their 14th LoungeFly bag, or the 172nd accessory in their house - It’s “their brand!”. In other words - people are stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom