Should I NOT make a park reservation for AK?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I have a 5 day park hopper ticket.

Initially I was thinking MK 2 days and the other parks one day each.

However after thinking about it we really only care about Dinosaur and EE (and we were maybe going to try FOP for the first and probably only time) at AK. Then we wouldn't be able to hop until 2pm.

So instead I was thinking maybe MK 2 days, HS 2 days, and EPCOT 1 day and then park hop to AK especially since park hopping to HS seems like it may not happen or at least may not be worth it with how popular it has been.

RememberWhen

We’ve got a longer trip (7 days) in October. Here’s what we did:

Sun: Magic Kingdom
Mon: MGM
Tue: Epcot
Wed: animal kingdom
Thu: MGM
Fri: Magic Kingdom
Sat: MGM

We may switch things up later when we know food and possible other plans like MNSSHP or fireworks stuff.
We’re staying at Boardwalk, so the hope is that we can do the Star Wars stuff and then head back to the hotel and then hop to Epcot or MK in the evenings. I hesitated about AK only one day as we really do like that park, but maybe we can hop over for an “evening” sometime. It’s hard to plan not knowing hours or any of the other situations that may come up. Or what restaurants will be open or what their deal will be...

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I guess one big factor for EPCOT is... by August will they go back to 9am-9pm vs 11am-11pm?
If it doesn't open until 11am then it seems like a waste to make a park reservation since we like to get up and moving.
I'm just concerned I won't be able to hop there (I know it hasn't been an issue so far but its still a worry I have).
I'm staying at Poly so I'm definitely keeping MK for 2 days because its the park we are closest to and the park we generally spend the most time in anyways.
My sister wanted to see Pandora at night so prior to covid happening our plan for last year's trip was just spend the late afternoon/evening there and we were going to have fastpasses.
So now I'm not sure if we should book a park reservation for AK and then go back to our resort before hopping to another park or just skipping the AK park reservation and do like we were thinking before and just go later in the day.
Covid has turned planning on its head for me lol.
I used to know exactly how I wanted things planned but now I feel like a newbie.

Upvote 0

crawale

I have a 5 day park hopper ticket.

Initially I was thinking MK 2 days and the other parks one day each.

However after thinking about it we really only care about Dinosaur and EE (and we were maybe going to try FOP for the first and probably only time) at AK. Then we wouldn't be able to hop until 2pm.

So instead I was thinking maybe MK 2 days, HS 2 days, and EPCOT 1 day and then park hop to AK especially since park hopping to HS seems like it may not happen or at least may not be worth it with how popular it has been.
It's hard to plan when Disney change hours. Right now who can say if hours will be longer in June and July as they have been recently?

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think I'm just going to leave my plans as is after reading that hopping to HS has not been an issue thus far.
I figure we can easily do the 3 things we want to do at AK done and then go back to our resort and have lunch while we wait to park hop at 2pm.
Then if we want to go to AK in the evening just to see what Pandora looks like we can hop over for a little while with no pressure to do any attractions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom