News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Brownn

Swine flu vaccine in 1976 led to cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome and the entire rollout was abandoned.

Read this article and consider the timeline, and then I'd ask you to respectfully consider why many of these people don't trust what they're being told by the politicians and the journalists. During the last administration, the MEDIA were criticizing the vaccines as rushed and too risky to be trusted. Now those same people are among its loudest cheerleaders.

While suspended, the vaccine itself was never recalled nor was its authorization ever revoked. That was a voluntary decision on the part of politicians.... total people affected: 13 total deaths: 1 None of which could be directly attributed to the vaccine -- "At Law: Swine Flu Vaccine: What Is Fair?",[14] wrote that "the swine flu affair fails to tell us whether, in the face of scientific uncertainty, it is better to err on the side of caution or aggressive intervention." There is not even complete agreement about the causal relationship between the swine flu vaccine and Guillain-Barré syndrome, as noted in Gina Kolata's book Flu: The Story of the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918 and the Search for the Virus That Caused It.[15] She wrote that the CDC did not have a "specific set of tests and symptoms to define Guillain-Barré" and that since doctors who reported cases already knew that a link was suspected, a bias in reporting was introduced. She quoted Keiji Fukuda: "if a new virus gets identified or reappears, you don't want to jump the gun and assume a pandemic is happening."

Heelz2315

With things improving in Florida, does anyone think the indoor mask policy will be removed by Christmas, or will they wai till Spring?

DisneyCane

I don't know if it's been mentioned but when I was in the parks Thursday and Friday, for attractions where part of the queue was outdoors you weren't required to put the mask on until you got to the indoor part. I'm not sure if this has been the policy since the return of indoor masking since this was my first visit since.

disneygeek90

I don't know if it's been mentioned but when I was in the parks Thursday and Friday, for attractions where part of the queue was outdoors you weren't required to put the mask on until you got to the indoor part. I'm not sure if this has been the policy since the return of indoor masking since this was my first visit since.
I think about 2 weeks after the indoor masking that was re-assessed. Makes sense and I have no problem wearing a mask inside at this time.

Universal indoor “recommended” mask wearing is about 15%

Trauma

Also some attractions require no masks at all like slinky dog.

Trauma

So I’m sitting at the airport waiting to board figured I give some thoughts on my experience with the mask requirements.

Good news - Had a great trip and the masks really weren’t an issue at all. That being said it would be worth mentioning that the parks where empty. For example FoP was a walk on. The longest line I waited in was for Rotr.

Bad news - I guess this depends on your point of view but I would say if your concerned at all about covid just don’t go.

Even with no crowds the mask reminder was often followed by “please fill in all available space”.

The firework shows where still shoulder to shoulder.

As for mask compliance?

So this is what I found interesting. I thought that mask requirements would be strict however that wasn’t the case.

Resort-

In the hallways for the resort ( Boardwalk for me ) mask compliance was ok. I would say like 70%.

The dance hall at the boardwalk though was dancing and drinking all night with no masks.

The shops and stores had very good mask compliance.

Transportation - Very good mask compliance except for the skyliner where I would say almost nobody wore a mask after departure.

Parks -

Well I can only speak for the men’s washroom but almost no one wears a mask in them.

The rides where very interesting. For example last night on splash people actually boarded the boats with no mask at all and where not stopped. Others would remove their mask as soon as the ride started.

It honestly seemed like the later in the day it would get the less cast would care about and mask compliance.

In summary the cast would do a good job throughout parks and resorts but it seems most people just don’t care about the rules and don’t seem interested in following them.

If you are concerned about covid and thinking that the indoor mask mandate will keep you safe, you should rethink your trip or accept you will be in close quarters with people indoors who are not masked at all, or masked improperly.

If you are concerned that masks will ruin your trip, well don’t be. At least while crowd levels continue to be low.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So I’m sitting at the airport waiting to board figured I give some thoughts on my experience with the mask requirements.

Good news - Had a great trip and the masks really weren’t an issue at all. That being said it would be worth mentioning that the parks where empty. For example FoP was a walk on. The longest line I waited in was for Rotr.

Bad news - I guess this depends on your point of view but I would say if your concerned at all about covid just don’t go.

Even with no crowds the mask reminder was often followed by “please fill in all available space”.

As for mask compliance?

So this is what I found interesting. I thought that mask requirements would be strict however that wasn’t the case.

Resort-

In the hallways for the resort ( Boardwalk for me ) mask compliance was ok. I would say like 70%.

The dance hall at the boardwalk though was dancing and drinking all night with no masks.

Transportation - Very good mask compliance except for the skyliner where I would say almost nobody wore a mask after departure.

Parks -

Well I can only speak for the men’s washroom but almost no one wears a mask in them.

The rides where very interesting. For example last night on splash people actually boarded the boats with no mask at all and where not stopped. Others would remove their mask as soon as the ride started.

It honestly seemed like the later in the day it would get the less cast would care about and mask compliance.

In summary the cast would do a good job throughout parks and resorts but it seems most people just don’t care about the rules and don’t seem interested in following them.

If you are concerned about covid and thinking that the indoor mask mandate will keep you safe, you should rethink your trip or accept you will be in close quarters with people indoors who are not masked at all, or masked improperly.

If you are concerned that masks will ruin your trip, well don’t be. At least while crowd levels continue to be low.
Is Jelly Rolls open also? One of our favorite spots at the Boardwalk.

Animaniac93-98

As for mask compliance?

Resort-

Parks -

I spent the last two weekends at DLR and had a similar experience.

Safety guidelines and guests compliance of them was poor. DLR always had narrower queues than WDW, and they were packed. Parks were as busy as ever. While CMs would remind guests to wear a mask indoors, as soon as the guest thought they were out of sight, off went the mask, or at least went below the nose. Hand sanitizers were empty more often than not, probably only refilled overnight.

If you think Disney is safer than anywhere else right now, it's not. That's just PR.

If you're thinking of going, assume it's a regular pre-COVID day at the parks and plan accordingly if that concerns you.

Last edited:

Trauma

I spent the last two weekends at DLR and had a similar experience.

Safety guidelines and guests compliance of them was poor. DLR always had narrower queues than WDW, and they were packed. Parks were as busy as ever. While CMs would remind guests to wear a mask indoors, as soon as the guest thought they were out of sight, off went the mask, or at least went below the nose. Hand sanitizers were empty more often than not, probably only refilled overnight.

If you think Disney is safer than anywhere else right now, it's not. That's just PR.

If you're thinking of going, assume it's a regular pre-COVID day at the parks and plan accordingly if that concerns you.
Yeah that’s the point I think I would like to hammer home to people.

From reading these forums before travel I had the sense that the masks rules where very strict and compliance was very high.

It’s not even close to what I feel like was being described.

If you need indoor mask compliance to feel safe on your trip I would strongly recommend you don’t go.

The mask compliance is no where near what I would consider acceptable if that mattered to me.

Trauma

Is there any chance that since cases are going down the mask requirements may be dropped by 10/1 for the 50th? @MansionButler84 ?
No chance.

Having been there for over a week with the indoor mask policy in place I would say that it’s not that bad.

I would also say it’s almost completely pointless.

If you go to Disney it’s because you have complete faith that the vaccine will protect your family.

I’ve been back for over a week now and no one in my traveling party fell ill. Everyone I traveled with was vaccinated.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No chance.
Agreed.

Having been there for over a week with the indoor mask policy in place I would say that it’s not that bad.
Agreed, although it's confusing on the rides. Masks on Big Thunder but not on Slinky makes no sense to me.

I would also say it’s almost completely pointless.
Yup.

If you go to Disney it’s because you have complete faith that the vaccine will protect your family.
Or because you were comfortable with the risks of COVID even prior to vaccination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom