News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

I should have been more specific in terms of time frame this was my experience in July.
Yes, I saw people getting yelled at while at both Universal and Disney last August. Someone got barked at in the car next door on Hogwarts Express!

correcaminos

I am giving up on this argument. I can usually see both sides, but I cannot fathom how people don't see that the parks are filled with areas that are in a grey area between inside and outside. This is especially problematic when you are talking about theme park guests who have often checked their brain at the door.
I think we feel fhe same way (assuming you see this after the last time). I don't see why some are trying to make this harder than it has to be. I really am not sure why you think we aren't using our brain with this. It will be an agree to disagree.

All the parks and zoos here will not have masks at all outdoors. We can do this just fine. Not all Disney parks require them all the time either. I do wonder how much is fear vs science. Not to knock fears.

We did get my son his first covid shot today. Won't be 2 weeks vaccinated from the 2nd before we go, but he'll be well covered. Masks can be option to me at anytime and I'll be fine.

tpac24

I noticed this on Silver Dollar City's website . They have adjusted their mask policy for no outside use. I am sure Disney could do the same or maybe they just have more faith in people than WDW.

• "Areas of the property where masks are required will be clearly marked and strictly enforced".

AEfx

I am giving up on this argument. I can usually see both sides, but I cannot fathom how people don't see that the parks are filled with areas that are in a grey area between inside and outside. This is especially problematic when you are talking about theme park guests who have often checked their brain at the door.

I think some of it is that people are looking at different things in that picture. If you are going by where the person taking the photograph is standing, yes, it is outdoors. But I believe you are trying to point out the shops/etc. that are partially open air or not. You are absolutely correct that the line between "how far is indoors" or not is a dicey issue all over the parks because of their very design.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think some of it is that people are looking at different things in that picture. If you are going by where the person taking the photograph is standing, yes, it is outdoors. But I believe you are trying to point out the shops/etc. that are partially open air or not. You are absolutely correct that the line between "how far is indoors" or not is a dicey issue all over the parks because of their very design.

No, we have had this debate a few times, people aren't mis-interpreting the question, they seem to honestly believe that there is a clear distinction between indoor and outdoor.

drnilescrane

Looks like California is doing away with their mask mandate on June 15th. I wonder how DL will respond to this?.

"No. Only in those settings that are indoor -- only in those massively large settings where people around the world, not just around the country, are convening, and when people are mixing in real dense spaces," Newsom replied. "Otherwise, we'll make guidance recommendations, but no mandates and no restrictions on businesses large and small."

The mixing/convening language is exactly what the California DPH used to justify keeping DLR closed for over a year after being “aghast” at what they saw at WDW.

As a California resident, considering their prior stances I can see Theme Parks being forced to keep protocols later than the rest of the state’s economy… though who knows with how quickly everything is shifting.

ToTBellHop

"No. Only in those settings that are indoor -- only in those massively large settings where people around the world, not just around the country, are convening, and when people are mixing in real dense spaces," Newsom replied. "Otherwise, we'll make guidance recommendations, but no mandates and no restrictions on businesses large and small."

The mixing/convening language is exactly what the California DPH used to justify keeping DLR closed for over a year after being “aghast” at what they saw at WDW.

As a California resident, considering their prior stances I can see Theme Parks being forced to keep protocols later than the rest of the state’s economy… though who knows with how quickly everything is shifting.
Exactly. I bet they’ll keep masks at theme parks.

Reactions: CJR

drnilescrane

It’s also starting to look like the CDC (and with OCFL at less than 5% positivity) are going to blow past “no masks in outdoor congregate settings” straight to “no masks for vaccinated people anywhere”.

WDW will probably slow walk it the way they are with the reduced distancing, but things are improving quickly… and the national media is keeping the heat up on the government to show progress and give meaningful incentive to get to the 70% mark.

correcaminos

Looks like California is doing away with their mask mandate on June 15th. I wonder how DL will respond to this?.
They likely won't do much immediately. Maybe later, but with them just opening I see them being cautious. It seems Orange Co. is close to the metrics as well.

As it is, my state is dropping all mandates June 2nd.

tpac24

Not good for the Florida economy if the cruise lines pull out over it.

Baltimore will be looking great for some ships (not the behemoths).
Even the WHO is against vaccine passports. France is also saying no to vaccine passports. I don't think the cruise lines will pull out of Florida and I think they will also end up dropping this vaccine policy once the dust settles.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Even the WHO is against vaccine passports. France is also saying no to vaccine passports. I don't think the cruise lines will pull out of Florida and I think they will also end up dropping this vaccine policy once the dust settles.
France isn't a good example to give as they are struggling to get their population vaccinated.

ToTBellHop

Agree to disagree then. They’ll drop the requirement eventually.

Remember, the countries they sail to also want proof of vaccination now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom