News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Pleakley

UK followed a similar plan, as I understand it, and it was highly effective. And Orange County's mandate lifting is based on first dose numbers, so it is a consideration for some areas when determining how to lift mandates.

I personally think U.S. should have done the same, spread out the doses, but ultimately, we reached a demand problem pretty quickly, so I'm not sure which strategy would have ultimately been better.

The USA doesn't have a supply problem so doing 2 doses right away (as recommended) makes sense. I'm mostly just agreeing that the first does is highly effective and more important.

Miss Bella

It’s going to be very difficult for some to adjust to the removal of mitigation measures, even in light of Dr. Fauci’s recent statement that we should start removing mask mandates.
I definitely believe some people are enjoying this pandemic. It’s given them some purpose in life.It makes them feel superior to all those selfish people that don’t see it the same way they do.
I do think some people are going to have a hard time letting go.

Archie123

I definitely believe some people are enjoying this pandemic. It’s given them some purpose in life.It makes them feel superior to all those selfish people that don’t see it the same way they do.
I do think some people are going to have a hard time letting go.

Well that's a fun theory. :rolleyes:

CosmicRays

I have thought all along that Disney would keep the mask mandate for 2021- but Fauci's recent comments and the lifting of the social distance restrictions (at UNI) make me wonder if maybe they are thinking the 50th is the perfect return to "normal". I think they will gauge how the 4th goes without distancing (if it goes by then which I think it will).

mickeymiss

Does orange county release their vaccine data once a week? Or is there a daily tracker website somewhere? I would be shocked if Disney dropped outdoor masks on a dime. Enforcing that would be a nightmare. I get that people want a normal Disney experience soon but I still think July is a better benchmark. People had to wear masks everywhere outdoors in states like California. Literally everywhere. I feel like the orange county goal is referring to the pointess practice of walking around your own neighborhood in masks and not necessarily crowded theme park resorts that have higher stakes.

disneygeek90

The 50% county threshold is great. Too bad most of the visitors aren't from the county. That will probably impact Disney's decision.
I think that’s the bit people get hung up on. Most Disney guests aren’t living in Orange County. Perhaps state or country numbers as a whole would be a better gauge.

mickeymiss

The 50% county threshold is great. Too bad most of the visitors aren't from the county. That will probably impact Disney's decision.
This is what I think too. These local policies refer to their community. People are wearing masks to walk their dogs and that seems to be what these policies seek to remove. Not an international tourist destination where an outdoor crowd can easily mimic an indoor crowd in the right conditions.

WDWBryan

Orange County nearing 50 percent vaccination level to lift mask requirement outdoors​

Positivity rate is also plummeting. Could easily be under 5% rolling 14 day average in two weeks at its current trajectory (5.52% last week, as compared to 6.5% the week prior).

Of course, Orange County's mandate is of dubious legal authority against the Governor's Executive Order of dubious legal authority.
That hasn’t really changed much here though. I have yet to find a business that doesn’t require them in Orange County. That was a different story in Daytona this weekend though. Apparently demmings has been renewing them every 7 days since that’s what the requirement is now

Last edited:

ifan

Since a few people have stated that country numbers might be a better gauge for Disney World, here are the latest 5/10 CDC numbers for USA:
18+: 58.2% at least first dose
Total Population (including those not eligible due to age): 46% at least first dose

bdearl41

Since a few people have stated that country numbers might be a better gauge for Disney World, here are the latest 5/10 CDC numbers for USA:
Total Population (including those not eligible due to age): 46% at least first dose
58.2 is higher than I expected. Sweet!

denyuntilcaught

I'm so happy we're on this side of the pandemic. These numbers each day give me so much hope that we'll be out of this soon enough.

correcaminos

I don’t think it will be that hard for Disney to regulate. People will be used to putting a mask on when entering somewhere and they have a CM at the end of lines anyway.
Seeing it in action last year I agree. They made sure people had masks on hand before entering. Then mask up before getting in line or inside. Wasn't hard. I assume Kings Island and Cedar Point can handle it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom