News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomudro

This has proven not to be the case elsewhere. What ends this is a risk tolerance of the population that matches the real world ability to live with Covid in the background. That’s the only thing that ends it

mitigating efforts have proven to do nothing to Eliminate Covid. Only delay it for other strategies (open hospitals, antibody treatments, vaccines, etc)
Yup.
That, and get healthy.
Do something about yourself, and teach the next generation to do something about their own health.
Stop treating your body like a garbage dump for decades on end, and then wonder why it can't fight off a respiratory disease.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Trauma

I’m here now, I would say mask wearing indoors has improved since my last visit but it’s not being strictly enforced.

For example on Btmr no one was enforcing masks and it was about 80/20. 80 percent masked.

This virus doesn’t concern me in the least but if you are concerned I guess I would suggest staying home.

Looking forward to the New Years party!

Stay safe everyone.

ToTBellHop

I’m here now, I would say mask wearing indoors has improved since my last visit but it’s not being strictly enforced.

For example on Btmr no one was enforcing masks and it was about 80/20. 80 percent masked.

This virus doesn’t concern me in the least but if you are concerned I guess I would suggest staying home.

Looking forward to the New Years party!

Stay safe everyone.
There is an irony that Universal now has a more demanding policy than WDW after months of the opposite. Masks from the moment you enter a queue, and there are reminders. We were all masked on One Fish, Two Fish. And unlike 2020, they want masks on water rides. Lots of drenched masks on Jurassic Park. I didn’t dare ride Ripsaw Falls or Popeye since it’s only 80-degrees. Not hot enough for drenched underwear for me.

My mask actually did blow off on Velocicoaster but they have courtesy-masks.

Gringrinngghost

DisneyDreamer08

It looks like omicron lasted about a month in South Africa before starting to trend down. I leave for WDW on 1/29. I’m really hoping the numbers start to drop by then 🤞🏼

DisneyCane

It matters about weather or not I want to go on a vacation and be in a lot of crowds and eat in restaurants. I still don’t want Covid nor want to have to call in sick when I get home.
If you choose to alter you life based on "the numbers" that is your decision but if you didn't worry about catching a cold or the flu from going on vacation two years ago, why worry about catching Omicron now?

My days are too limited and valuable to change my life over it. For full disclosure, that was my attitude before vaccines and with the original variants but it is especially true now being vaccinated and with the only major "risk" of symptoms being from an Omicron infection.

DisneyDreamer08

Just to follow up on my comment, I am going 1/29 regardless of the numbers. I am happy to mask up and follow the rules. I am fully vaccinated and boosted and while I am not afraid of Covid itself, everything that goes along with it is very worrisome to me. I work as a nanny and had to take a week off for my vacation. That’s a big inconvenience to the family I work for but obviously they were happy to give me the week off. If I get sick while I’m gone (with any sort of illness) and then have to take another 5-10 days off, that would be horrible. I would have such guilt for leaving them in such a tough situation. And if my kids had to miss school (again, after going through a Covid scare in September) I would be upset.
So yes, omicron is a concern for me.

Touchdown

If you choose to alter you life based on "the numbers" that is your decision but if you didn't worry about catching a cold or the flu from going on vacation two years ago, why worry about catching Omicron now?

My days are too limited and valuable to change my life over it. For full disclosure, that was my attitude before vaccines and with the original variants but it is especially true now being vaccinated and with the only major "risk" of symptoms being from an Omicron infection.
The flu has never knocked me out for a week+. Covid can, mild infection just means you don’t land in the hospital. I don’t want to contract an illness that causes me to feel miserable for that long.

Omercron is also the most infectious virus known to man, I think it foolish to go vacation in an area where it’s raging. I can wait and go later.

DisneyCane

The flu has never knocked me out for a week+. Covid can, mild infection just means you don’t land in the hospital. I don’t want to contract an illness that causes me to feel miserable for that long.

Omercron is also the most infectious virus known to man, I think it foolish to go vacation in an area where it’s raging. I can wait and go later.
You may not have been knocked out by the flu for a week+ but about 5 years ago I got the flu (I had the flu shot) and I could barely get out of bed for a week. It took everything I could muster to get up so I could to go to the bathroom or make my way to the kitchen to try and eat something.

Also, my friend's otherwise healthy daughter in her early 30s got the flu in early 2019 and died from it.

The flu can absolutely cause you to be miserable for that long. For the vaccinated and boosted it seems that an infection with Omicron isn't nearly as bad as what I experienced from the flu for the vast majority of people.

DisneyCane

You would think after two years that whole "covid is just the flu" thing would have played out by now.
Except that nobody said that in this discussion. I was comparing the reported severity specifically of Omicron infections in vaccinated people to a cold or the flu.

Reactions: CJR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom